A shameless plea................

WoopsiiD

summerfieldstables.weebly.com
Bubs had to give up her pony as 7 days a week was too much for her asthma to cope with. she still wanted to be around ponio's so I took a trip down memory lane and went back to where I caught the bug.
Since I was there some um cough 20 years ago things have changed. They are now on their way to becoming a registered charity. They want to make sure that anyone who wants to be involved in horses can be.
I could talk for ages about how great they are and how great they will be but I will let you judge for yourselves!

http://summerfieldstables.weebly.com

Now, with the credit crunch money is tight, so can anyone offer time? or ideas? or experience????
Or just please become a friend on facebook? We need the supporters.
Thank You

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I think I saw this place on the local tv news. Did they have a strangles outbreak a while ago which hit them really hard? Agree with you they seem to do a really worthwhile job, I wish them luck with their charity status.

WoopsiiD

Nope-they were in the news as their 'top' pony suffered an injury. Bess is a dream pony so they want to do everything to keep her.
All their ponies are donated to them and they rehabilitate them and make them rideable or just safe enough to be groomed by kids. They offer the horses a home for life.
It was one of theirs that we took to the show. (pics in PG).

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Oh sorry, must be another one. Was a similar set up and also in Birmingham that is why I assumed it was the same. Good luck to them anyhow.

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
She can come and ride Doug whenever she wants to
smile.gif
Is Friday still okay?

bhpride

Visit site
How nice, haven't seen a charity before
smile.gif
horses def kept me behaving when I was growing up, didn't get drunk or have a boyfriend until I was 18
blush.gif
grin.gif
and that was only after I had to give them up! lol

WoopsiiD

bhpride-I think thats part of the idea! I have to say that sadly in that area there is a lot of drinking on streets and more than one asbo responder police car!
This place kept me off the streets too! its only now that they are in the position to go forward for charity status so fingers crossed!
Rach-yup still on for friday!!!
Howengold-pop down and see them! They love visitors-especially horses ones prepared to part with knowledge!!!