A treat for an old girl

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
It’s been rather a bruising time recently here horse wise at TP towers, potentially even more so for this mare.

As some retail therapy I bought this nearly new Transcend side pull bridle on eBay for the senior mare. At 23yo and long retired, she rarely gets anything new, let alone an item of tack.

All she does is to walk in hand over poles three or four times a week for 10 minutes or so to help keep her loosened up. Her paces are still fabulous, though after over 10 years with PPID her top line is very saggy.

The new bridle suits her, doesn’t it? The contrast piping and the fancy stitching adds quite a bit to the price of the basic bridle when new, but it does look nice. She can wear her ears under it to repel the flies. Tbh she’d be fine in a head collar, but we old ladies like to keep our standards up, don’t we.

IMG_3830.jpeg

IMG_0891.jpeg

Last edited:

2ndtimearound

Visit site
What a lovely girl she is, TP! I love the turquoise piping too. It’s one of my favourite colours (as evidenced by the fact that the piping pretty much matches the colour of the Equimac I treated myself to this week). 😊

LeneHorse

Visit site
She's lovely and looking very pleased with her new bridle.
I have an elderly Cushings mare myself so appreciate what you've been doing to keep her looking so good.

Peglo

Visit site
I love that bridle TP. It looks so smart on her. I’ve been wanting to look into a bitless bridle and think your lovely mare may have sold the transcend to me.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Thank you, everybody, your comments are much appreciated. She is a lovely old lady and her new bridle has lifted my spirits and I think, in consequence, hers.

I fear you may need to get more matchy with the ears 😂.

It looks very smart :)
I set a foot into the dark side and here you are trying to drag me into the deep end 🤣.

Are there such things as well made teal ears produced by a more ethical company than this one?

*asking for a friend*

IMG_0895.jpeg

GoldenWillow

Visit site

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
she could have flowers too 😂
il_1588xN.4547861188_bmo1.jpg