A very happy conclusion to Buzz's story

meesha

Visit site
Oh twiglet that is wonderful news, it was obvious he was a fighter but to be completely clear when there seemed so much to overcome, amazing! Hat off to you for fighting his corner and looking for a solution, we would all like to think we would do the same but the truth is many would chuck the towel in. Sorry to hear about your gran x

Looking forward to the buzz comp reports !

Last edited:

Fools Motto

Visit site
Wayhayyy..., Go Buzz! What a horse. What a fantastic support team. All deserve huge praise.
Sorry to hear about your nan, but bet she is beaming down on you all. x

star

Visit site
Am so pleased to see this. Have to say my initial thoughts when reading his diagnosis weren't good given my personal experience with osteosarcs so I am well chuffed for you that he has pulled through like this. Got a rather damp face now. I also lost my nan the week before last and my lovely horses have helped me deal with it so can imagine how much that affected you that day. Good luck to you guys and look forward to reading lots of competition reports!

Last edited:

bellatrix

Visit site
Amazing. I am so pleased for you, must admit it brought a tear to my eye. I had one of my boys put down a couple of months ago due to the same thing, cancerous tumour on the jaw bone which progressed extremely fast, I am so glad a horse has managed to beat it :)

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Rest in peace kind Nan. Hugs sweetie.

I don't come on here very much these days, but hop in occasionally to see if there's any news. Your post brought a happy tear to my eye. Very, very pleased for Buzz and for you.

googol

Visit site
Waow! What a story! So pleased for u both use Truely deserve each other looking forward to the future reports!!

Twiglet

Visit site
Am so pleased to see this. Have to say my initial thoughts when reading his diagnosis weren't good given my personal experience with osteosarcs so I am well chuffed for you that he has pulled through like this. Got a rather damp face now. I also lost my nan the week before last and my lovely horses have helped me deal with it so can imagine how much that affected you that day. Good luck to you guys and look forward to reading lots of competition reports!

Sorry to hear about your nan too :( I know it should be 'easier' when it's grandparents and they've had a good innings but it's still such a shock and leaves a big hole.

Re: comp reports, if my Orange Horse does even half as well as yours does, I'll be bloody thrilled :D

Twiglet

Visit site
Amazing. I am so pleased for you, must admit it brought a tear to my eye. I had one of my boys put down a couple of months ago due to the same thing, cancerous tumour on the jaw bone which progressed extremely fast, I am so glad a horse has managed to beat it :)

I am so sorry to hear that. It's a horrible horrible disease. I hope that the progress the vets are making with research and treatment continues to improve the survival rates of it. Hope your other horse/horses are keeping your spirits up. Xx

Twiglet

Visit site
Rest in peace kind Nan. Hugs sweetie.

I don't come on here very much these days, but hop in occasionally to see if there's any news. Your post brought a happy tear to my eye. Very, very pleased for Buzz and for you.

Thank you :) I shall be glad you don't have to look for news from now on :D

If his behaviour yesterday is anything to go by, he is definitely feeling all better....I managed about 3 steps of walk in an hour long hack :p

Sare

Visit site
Absolutely wonderful news, I'm not a forum regular these days but have been following Buzz's story. Brought tears to my eyes reading through it all again and then to reach such an amazing conclusion. Good luck and enjoy him.

Farcical1

Visit site
I've just seen this, and it's made me smile. How lovely to hear that Buzz has come out the other side, looking fabulous!
My husband's gran has also just passed away, so I can echo your sadness there.
Enjoy your lovely horse.

Twiglet

Visit site
There has been lots of tears over this horse, I hope he appreciates them!

Yesterday it was back to work, with the aim of an 80 at the end of Sept, and a 90 in Oct....no excuses now :D He's still weak from the loss of muscle but it's starting to come back together, and he worked really hard for my lesson in a torrential downpour.

DAD9F7FD-E26A-4BFF-BEA3-1FBF02624CD9_zpsesxqvu8p.jpg

381AD0C6-17A0-4355-B1CD-34B69AC761AF_zpsqljesz74.jpg

Showing how much muscle he's lost....towards the end of the session:

42639738-3030-43E7-9A19-88AEECFF9CF2_zpsolvjm5kn.jpg