A very quick report on show-jumping at Summerhouse today...

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
mainly to say hello to the lovely DieselDog and SiennaMum who I met for the first time today
smile.gif
Great to meet you both
smile.gif
And hello to Lil Ponios Rock and the awesome Haddy, and Help1, who I have met a few times
tongue.gif

The SJ itself is best brushed over very quickly - 2'6" class eliminated first time for 2 run outs, went again HC and got around (just). 2'9" class - eliminated for 2 stops at fence 6 (same problem as prev class) and really couldnt face waiting for another 20 people to jump so left it there
crazy.gif

Learning points:

(1) Bob needs LOTS of SJ practice at different venues, feedback from lovely HHOers today was that he was genuinely stressing. Although he was taking the p*ss with the two stops in the second class, and there was apparently nothing I did vastly wrong
tongue.gif

(2) I need to stop going SJing saying to myself 'god I hate SJing' cos Bob just knows I am thinking that
tongue.gif

But luckily I managed to put my pragmatic head on when travelling home, and remembered that we had all these issues when we started dressaging. It was just a case of going out week after week after week until Bob and I both calmed down... so guess what I'll be doing all the time now
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
Yuck
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
grin.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
Nice to meet you too
smile.gif
and L_P_R.

If you ignored fence 6, in the last class he was jumping so much better than the first class, he looked like he learnt a bit today, he was a lot more confident by the last time. He just looks like he needs a bit of mileage and in a few weeks should be a different horse.

Less of the YUCK!

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Less of the YUCK!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the feedback
smile.gif
And sorry about the yuck
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
tongue.gif

I love show jumping.... I love show jumping...... I love show jumping....
crazy.gif

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
We heard that just as we were wrestling with my lorry ramp at the end - go Will
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Very pleased for him and you
smile.gif

Sadly lorry mechanic is coming out to look at Henrietta Horsebox tomorrow as the bolts for her ramp appear not to be co-operating at all
frown.gif

Maybe see you both there next time
smile.gif

Cop-Pop

Visit site
Sorry I missed you - I had two lessons this morning then had to spend time with Mum and wasnt bright enough to charge my phone up last night
blush.gif
Where are you off to next?

help1

Visit site
Oh no lorry ramp woes?

Lovely to meet you all today - well done to Will.

C keep up with the mantra else I will will come armed with blingy SJ outfits to shame you into enjoying yourself!!

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry I missed you - I had two lessons this morning then had to spend time with Mum and wasnt bright enough to charge my phone up last night
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure TBH - sounds crazy but I am really struggling to find unaff SJ at the height I need (2'6", 2'9" and 3') in a reasonable sized arena around my way
crazy.gif
I have scanned Equine Affairs etc and not found anything
crazy.gif

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh no lorry ramp woes?

Lovely to meet you all today - well done to Will.

C keep up with the mantra else I will will come armed with blingy SJ outfits to shame you into enjoying yourself!!

[/ QUOTE ]

No woes any longer since lots of lovely HHOers have told me that an LT35 ramp is a two person job, despite it being easy enough for one person to lift
grin.gif
Lorry man is checking it tomorrow just in case
smile.gif

But do bear in mind I shall never, ever EVER enjoy show jumping
grin.gif

Helena88

Visit site
ooh i went too! came sixth in the 2ft with a d/c and had four faults (our first ever faults in 3 years!) in the 2ft3... i was a smidge shocked to say the least lol!

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
Very well done you
smile.gif
smile.gif
Sounds like you had a great day (well, apart from the 4 faults which to me would be nothing
tongue.gif
) It was sooooo busy today wasnt it
shocked.gif

Cop-Pop

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure TBH - sounds crazy but I am really struggling to find unaff SJ at the height I need (2'6", 2'9" and 3') in a reasonable sized arena around my way
crazy.gif
I have scanned Equine Affairs etc and not found anything
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Try Gracelands - they were advertising clear round SJ starting at 1'9" (I think it starts at 6) and it goes up to about 3ft I think
smile.gif
Bromyard have SJ evenings too.

Helena88

Visit site
yeah it was! i usually jump the 2ft6 and 2ft9 but i heard it was meant to be thundering in the afternoon so i went early. i think the horse just couldnt be bothered with the smaller fences! (i dont usually pot hunt, im just not comfortable towing in adverse weather conditions yet!)

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Try Gracelands - they were advertising clear round SJ starting at 1'9" (I think it starts at 6) and it goes up to about 3ft I think
smile.gif
Bromyard have SJ evenings too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Bromyard is smaller classes I have already checked there... but will give Gracelands a look, thanks for that
laugh.gif