A very, very sad day..I need HHO vibes...please help....

DragonSlayer

Visit site
I went down to the field between rain storms...

My wellies that I have had over 10 years have sprung a leak!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Last edited:

Mongoose11

Visit site
You absolute C*w, I was dreading opening that - thinking that something terrible had happened to beautiful boy cob!

Vibes to your welly boots, hope they recover soon, you could try a sprinkling of Bute for their pain and maybe Duct tape for the wound itself?

DragonSlayer

Visit site
Sorry all round, but wine is making me feel a bit puckish, I've had hell of a week at work!

I've a few bottles stashed (I very rarely drink) so get on round here and join me! :D

indie999

Visit site
I think you are making this up as we are still in OFFICIAL DROUGHT AT VEIOLA OR WHATEVER THEY ARE CALLED!

DESPITE ALL PONDS NOW OVERFLOWING AND DUCKS SWIMMING IN GREEN FIELDS

SO i DONT BELIEVE IT.........................URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jesstickle

Visit site
You moo bag. I was about to offer to get in the car and drive over and I don't even live near you (I don't think?!)

Evil, evil evil :mad:

Parker79

Visit site
DS - I think you need to accept your loss and move on....after 10 years you must have a strong bond....but rest assured you gave them a good life and now they need to be put out of their misery. Putting a bag inside is merely prolonging the inevitable...be brave...maybe ask you OH to be there with you when you put them in the bin ;)

DragonSlayer

Visit site
DS - I think you need to accept your loss and move on....after 10 years you must have a strong bond....but rest assured you gave them a good life and now they need to be put out of their misery. Putting a bag inside is merely prolonging the inevitable...be brave...maybe ask you OH to be there with you when you put them in the bin ;)

Waaaaaaaaaah!

I'm on the first bottle of wine and it's helping slightly....!

but....but...but....can't I patch them up to just get a couple more winters out of them?? I mean, I have cared for them these long 10 years, I feel so evil! The Bin seems such a sad way to go!

...does anyone else have any suggestions?? I don't want to be accused of being cruel for prolonging their suffering!

Parker79

Visit site
Waaaaaaaaaah!

I'm on the first bottle of wine and it's helping slightly....!

but....but...but....can't I patch them up to just get a couple more winters out of them?? I mean, I have cared for them these long 10 years, I feel so evil! The Bin seems such a sad way to go!

...does anyone else have any suggestions?? I don't want to be accused of being cruel for prolonging their suffering!

Man up DS! Do you think its fair to patch up your poor wellies to make yourself feel better? You must do the right thing! I know its hard...but they are broken and it would be wrong to patch them up....give them a dignified send off...its the right thing to do ;);)

DragonSlayer

Visit site
i patched mine up with a bit of clear mastic. Did the job lovely ;)

Do you not agree with Parker79 then?? do you think there is hope to prolong their life??

You are very brave....my thoughts are with you at this difficult time ;):D

Oh, now I'm so torn with what to do! clear mastic might be the magical cure I need...!

:p

mulledwhine

Visit site
Man up DS! Do you think its fair to patch up your poor wellies to make yourself feel better? You must do the right thing! I know its hard...but they are broken and it would be wrong to patch them up....give them a dignified send off...its the right thing to do ;);)

Can't agree more Parker :D man up DS :D They are in a happier place and you did all you could :(

We will give them a right royal send off xx

MochaDun

Visit site
I went down to the field between rain storms...

My wellies that I have had over 10 years have sprung a leak!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I demand to know what make of wellies they are as I need a pair that live that long! :D

You'll meet them over Rubber Bridge one day again I'm sure...

Parker79

Visit site
Do you not agree with Parker79 then?? do you think there is hope to prolong their life??

Oh, now I'm so torn with what to do! clear mastic might be the magical cure I need...!

:p

Its hard to let go...but you must! you are being quite selfish...have you even thought to ask your feet how they feel about any of this? Another typical novice welly owner if you ask me :rolleyes: :D

DragonSlayer

Visit site
I demand to know what make of wellies they are as I need a pair that live that long! :D

You'll meet them over Rubber Bridge one day again I'm sure...

They are black Argyll boots, proper 'Farmer' wellies!

Its hard to let go...but you must! you are being quite selfish...have you even thought to ask your feet how they feel about any of this? Another typical novice welly owner if you ask me :rolleyes: :D

How dare you accuse me of being a novice! I will have you know I have owned several pairs of wellies in my life time...yes, I KNOW I lost a red wellie when I was 6 years old, but can't you look past that??

I am now going to flounce around, threaten to leave and call you all names! :p