a weekend of small successes.....

buddylove

Visit site
1) we went for our first hack yesterday since he came back from school. I only rode him once briefly when he was away, and since he has been back he has had a new saddle fitted. So with hubby at home to look after the kids I got out my brave pants and tacked him up.
He was brilliant not phased by bunnies running out of hedges or walking literally parralel to the M6 with lots of lorries whizzing by.
We kept it short as he was being so brave, but he called to his pals all the way home which i am sure the neighbours appreciated at 7am on a Sunday morning!!!
2) Today, inspired by lots of success stories on HHO I decided to try and tackle his loading issues. Our last attempt at loading ended up with him rearing and going over, nearly taking someone down with him, so I was determined not to end up in that situation again. So we hooked up the trailer in the garden, so if it did get a bit sticky there would be less risk of him injuring himself. I decided it would be best just me and him without the pressure of other people, so armed with a bucket we set to work.

Tobiano

Visit site
1) we went for our first hack yesterday since he came back from school. I only rode him once briefly when he was away, and since he has been back he has had a new saddle fitted. So with hubby at home to look after the kids I got out my brave pants and tacked him up.
He was brilliant not phased by bunnies running out of hedges or walking literally parralel to the M6 with lots of lorries whizzing by.
We kept it short as he was being so brave, but he called to his pals all the way home which i am sure the neighbours appreciated at 7am on a Sunday morning!!!
2) Today, inspired by lots of success stories on HHO I decided to try and tackle his loading issues. Our last attempt at loading ended up with him rearing and going over, nearly taking someone down with him, so I was determined not to end up in that situation again. So we hooked up the trailer in the garden, so if it did get a bit sticky there would be less risk of him injuring himself. I decided it would be best just me and him without the pressure of other people, so armed with a bucket we set to work.

...... and........ ???? :)