A weird on - how to stop pee running into the next stable!/

ChestnutConvert

Visit site
We have Monarch type stables that have been bolted and some slightly lifted to make them level. Trouble is every so often 2 of the horses seem to pee in one corner and it runs into the next stable. They are both on straw, and staying on straw! Have tried putting a bank of shavings underneath and now trying to think of other ideas to stop it at lease a bit! Any ideas out there??

meandmyself

Visit site
Sorry for the double post. My internet is playing up.

You could buy some marine ply and fit it over the gap. Seal around the edges with mastic.

Last edited:

Littlelegs

Visit site
Seen as you mention monarch, you clearly aren't the tramp I'm thinking of, where a bit more bedding would do the trick. Sealant (the strip one for showers) solves it, but the one I used took 24hrs to dry. Concrete is the best solution.

trottingon

Visit site
You can buy a tub of concrete mix (for paths and driveways) from DIY places, just add water and use a trowel to scrape it into place to fill the gap. Dries within a few hours, you'll probably need 5 or 6 kg size as it doesn't go as far as you think.

Trinity Fox

Visit site
Reading this Monarch are the internal stabling , what is your base we built stables in an old milking parlour and it happened to have a drain running from top to end of shed, just a channel really but our stables are always dry.

The channel was horizontal from top to bottom and only about 5 inches wide the whole shed and just a channel but we have bedded straw and shavings and have always found it incredibly dry.

ChestnutConvert

Visit site
Seen as you mention monarch, you clearly aren't the tramp I'm thinking of, where a bit more bedding would do the trick. Sealant (the strip one for showers) solves it, but the one I used took 24hrs to dry. Concrete is the best solution.

Why thank you, i have pride in my nice big beds it's just that sometimes the blooming animals find a way to make things difficult!