A year on from horsepital....

**Vanner**

Visit site
As many of you will remember my boy went to horsepital a year ago to have arthroscopy. I was devastated as he is my world.

He recovered well and I did everything by the book, including slimming him down by 50kGs . We had an interesting time when he came off box rest as he was a 'raging bull' but once he could have some free time he was fine.

We have since been working towards dressage for the winter season with the aid of a fantastic new instructor and I am really proud of how far he has come. This week we even braved a gallop (well as close as a HW coblet gets) along our fields.

So here's to our next year of adventures, love you Sidney :)

Some pics:

2011-08-25152232.jpg

In horsepital

bucking1.jpg

First day of freedom.

6ceac4db.jpg

Looking buff.

194065FC-5473-4E7A-8B9B-1798BF682844-3301-000007E7CCD69642.jpg

My favorite view :D

7bb8608545174ddc96809a6973e130c4.jpg

And just because he is gorgeous.

crazybootlady

Visit site
He looks very happy to be well again. So nice to see someone put the time and effort in to rehab a horse when so many people would just try to sell them on and buy something that was immediately rideable. (I've seen too many 4-H/Pony Club parents do just that :( )

mytwofriends

Visit site
His old nickname was 'stinky'. But now everyone on the yard is envious of his bedroom as he keeps it so tidy pooing in one corner and weeing in one spot.

It's the one advantage of prelonged box rest isn't it? My boy had a stress fracture and was cross tied for 3 months and then had another month of regular box rest before being allowed out. His stable is still as neat as can be, several months on!

So happy your boy is back in action. What a lovely fellow! :)