A75, Dumfries and Galloway.

sue12345

Visit site
Looking at 2 properties on Saturday that have land but one backs on to this road and the other has access on and off it. Does any one have experience of it. Nothing better than local knowledge. Thanks.

lauracwd2

Visit site
It's a very busy road, it's the main trunk road through the region and the main road from lorries coming off the ferries at Stranraer to get to the M74/M6. Possibly depends slightly which bit of the A75 it is since it's a very long road. Not sure that I'd choose to buy a property on it personally, there are a few along there that have been for sale for a long time.

PM me if you have more questions.

katastrophykat

Visit site
I was about to ask- which area? It is busy, but single carriageway most of the way and a fairly steady flow of traffic apart from when the ferry pulls in at Stranraer.

If its near Annan, pm me- I have good horsey friends in that area that will know more about it than me x

katastrophykat

Visit site
It's a little quieter there, but not much... Best think I can think is to go at rush hour, and at other times and stand just outside the property to see if you can cope with the noise/traffic- and if you compete, how easily it would be to get a wagon out when you need to.

I did similar things in the city, when debating where to buy a house- including where the local riffraff hang out ;) it's a useful exercise x

frozzy

Visit site
Its a lovely area to live, but the A75 is not a road you could hack out on even to get to quieter roads. It carries all the Irish Ferry traffic and is infamous for many accidents. Should have been made a dual carriageway years ago.
It is lovely to live in that part of the country though and Castle Douglas is a brilliant shopping wee town with many unique shops. It has one of the best butcher shops and bakers too!

Shantara

Visit site
Can't give you any advice, but I'm jealous!! I go to Rockcliff and Castle Douglas (which gave us the name for a pig figurine we bought there - Douglas Hog) on holiday :D Wonderful area.