Aaaaaaaaaaand so it continues . . .

PolarSkye

Visit site
My horse was left out in the field by himself this afternoon . . . despite both fieldmates knowing full well that he can't be on his own. To be fair, one fieldmate was away - but the other does know better. I wasn't late up (2.30, usual bringing-in time) and he was just left . . . galloping around the field, screaming and skidding to a halt by the gate/fence. Apparently he nearly went through the fence a couple of times (it's very muddy by the gate). Thankfully, another livery saw him turning himself inside out and brought him in for me. He was lathered in sweat, steaming and his legs and belly were plastered in mud. So much for not hosing him off due to his mud fever . . . I had to to make sure he hadn't knocked himself.

I buted him up, washed and dried his legs and bandaged him. I don't see any obvious knocks and hope he won't be too sore tomorrow - apparently his shoulder and that fence met quite hard a couple of times.

I really hope it wasn't deliberate . . . but I'm struggling to understand how it couldn't be.

Sigh.

P

Gingerwitch

Visit site
My horse was left out in the field by himself this afternoon . . . despite both fieldmates knowing full well that he can't be on his own. To be fair, one fieldmate was away - but the other does know better. I wasn't late up (2.30, usual bringing-in time) and he was just left . . . galloping around the field, screaming and skidding to a halt by the gate/fence. Apparently he nearly went through the fence a couple of times (it's very muddy by the gate). Thankfully, another livery saw him turning himself inside out and brought him in for me. He was lathered in sweat, steaming and his legs and belly were plastered in mud. So much for not hosing him off due to his mud fever . . . I had to to make sure he hadn't knocked himself.

I buted him up, washed and dried his legs and bandaged him. I don't see any obvious knocks and hope he won't be too sore tomorrow - apparently his shoulder and that fence met quite hard a couple of times.

I really hope it wasn't deliberate . . . but I'm struggling to understand how it couldn't be.

Sigh.

P

OFGS ! - so they cant push you out the field by being horrid to you - so now they are going to force you out, by potentially letting your horse turn himself inside out - they are not to be trusted.

Straight to the yo- and tell them exactly what has gone on and let them sort it out - this was bang out of order- i would be being arrested by now - i really would

Gingerwitch

Visit site
I had this a couple of months ago. I sympathise.

What on earth does anyone get out of hurting someone elses horse - tbh i had this with some ignorant egit at my last yard - i ended up moving after my horse was seriously injured because THEY wanted to be in my field - they lied to the yo - they lied to me - but still turned their horse into the field mine were setteled in -little lad got into a fight - the reason we were not to mix the horses - and mine had his ear severed pretty much off - i left the next day.

glamourpuss

Visit site
This is disgusting behaviour. Whatever someone's bug bear with you (sorry OP I don't know the rest of your story) letting a horse get distressed is disgusting.
I agree with the poster that said tell the YO/YM & make sure that they put the word out pronto that no horse is to be left out alone.

PolarSkye

Visit site
OFGS ! - so they cant push you out the field by being horrid to you - so now they are going to force you out, by potentially letting your horse turn himself inside out - they are not to be trusted.

Straight to the yo- and tell them exactly what has gone on and let them sort it out - this was bang out of order- i would be being arrested by now - i really would

To be fair, this isn't a "they" issue . . . as I said, one FM wasn't there - the other one brought the other two horses in, but . . . I actually don't think the one who wasn't there would stoop that low . . . I wouldn't put it past the other one though - I just can't be sure.

I was beyond angry . . . have calmed down now (wine is good for that).

Am thinking about having words with the two of them - somewhere neutral over a glass of wine . . . just to clear the air/call a truce. Thoughts?

P

PolarSkye

Visit site
Didn't mean that to sound like it's your horses fault btw, just in case it comes across like that :)

Oh, don't worry I didn't take it like that at all . . . tbh, my horse IS a stresshead - which is why he can't be left out alone. But he can hardly bring himself in, can he?

P

Gingerwitch

Visit site
To be fair, this isn't a "they" issue . . . as I said, one FM wasn't there - the other one brought the other two horses in, but . . . I actually don't think the one who wasn't there would stoop that low . . . I wouldn't put it past the other one though - I just can't be sure.

I was beyond angry . . . have calmed down now (wine is good for that).

Am thinking about having words with the two of them - somewhere neutral over a glass of wine . . . just to clear the air/call a truce. Thoughts?

P

Can you be certain she was not going to go back for your horse ? that she had just caught 2 in and then would have gone back - not excusing her behaviour as i always get 1 and then fetch the last 2 - or ask someone else to help me, - or phone the owner of the third and say - oh ime catching in at x - and let them make arrangements

PolarSkye

Visit site
Can you be certain she was not going to go back for your horse ? that she had just caught 2 in and then would have gone back - not excusing her behaviour as i always get 1 and then fetch the last 2 - or ask someone else to help me, - or phone the owner of the third and say - oh ime catching in at x - and let them make arrangements

She was gone. Brought the other two in and then left the yard.

P

Jesstickle

Visit site
Mine wasn't galloping about TBF- just walking the fence and screaming. Just came as a bit of a shock as at my last yard we had a 'nothing left out on its own policy'

PS- can you have a word with YM and get them to reiterate rules re horses being left out alone? I think it's commendable that you want to clear the air, and it's certainly worth a try, but just incase it might be worth having a back up plan in place ;)

PolarSkye

Visit site
Mine wasn't galloping about TBF- just walking the fence and screaming. Just came as a bit of a shock as at my last yard we had a 'nothing left out on its own policy'

PS- can you have a word with YM and get them to reiterate rules re horses being left out alone? I think it's commendable that you want to clear the air, and it's certainly worth a try, but just incase it might be worth having a back up plan in place ;)

Feel I need to clarify . . . he wasn't alone as in no other horses out . . . he was alone as in both his fieldmates were taken out of the field. He might be a pain in the rear end, but he HATES being alone in his field . . . it's just who he is. He's an insecure little bunny.

P

Always Henesy

Visit site
No, no, no, no, NO! What is wrong with people that they would leave a horse like that? I am spitting feathers on your behalf....
I would have no qualms with telling the stoopid fool not to do that again and I wouldn't say it nicely :mad:

Sorry my friend that you have had such a stressful day and that your poor lad has turned himself into knots :(

Much love to you and the gorgeous grey one x

Jesstickle

Visit site
Feel I need to clarify . . . he wasn't alone as in no other horses out . . . he was alone as in both his fieldmates were taken out of the field. He might be a pain in the rear end, but he HATES being alone in his field . . . it's just who he is. He's an insecure little bunny.

P

Same difference if he was visibly upset!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
OFGS! :mad: You really are going through it!
Wish you were closer, would offer you space for him temporarily.

I applaud your thoughts about getting them together for a 'parley' ref truces etc, but if you do, take your OH or another sensible adult with you (like if you were at work for a disciplinary, not that Ive been in one except the boss's side of the table!).
Also speak to YO & tell him that you are doing this - try to get him on side to enforce yard rules too.

Good luck let me know how tomorrow goes xx

Gingerwitch

Visit site
You cant win can you - if you go to the YO and tell them to not leave your horse out on his own bet your bottom dollar they will be a right pair of spiteful sods and catch in 5 mins after you leave the yard every morn.

Go see yo - with a bottle of wine tomorrow - burst into tears and let them sort the crap out !

I do not care if i would not wee on the person if they were on fire - but I would NOT jeperdise the saftey of their horse - or anyone elses - it is cruel and totally and wholly unnecssary !

Gingerwitch

Visit site

I applaud your thoughts about getting them together for a 'parley' ref truces etc, but if you do, take your OH or another sensible adult with you (like if you were at work for a disciplinary, not that Ive been in one except the boss's side of the table!).
Also speak to YO & tell him that you are doing this - try to get him on side to enforce yard rules too.

I suggest the yo is the independant person and that the yo should be the one calling the meeting

PolarSkye

Visit site
No, no, no, no, NO! What is wrong with people that they would leave a horse like that? I am spitting feathers on your behalf....
I would have no qualms with telling the stoopid fool not to do that again and I wouldn't say it nicely :mad:

Sorry my friend that you have had such a stressful day and that your poor lad has turned himself into knots :(

Much love to you and the gorgeous grey one x

Thanks AH . . . I wouldn't be angry if I thought it had been an honest mistake . . . but I'm not 100 percent sure that it wasn't . . . and that's what's upsetting me the most.

I hope I'm wrong.

P

PolarSkye

Visit site

This is great advice . . . thank you :). Will keep you posted.

The irony is that I'm the least confrontational person going . . . I just want a quiet life . . . and, all appearances to the contrary, I still really love my yard . . . I'm must finding some of the people in it heavy going. Sigh.

P

Littlelegs

Visit site
That's disgusting. I've had fall outs before now but I wouldn't dream of taking it out on the horse. In your shoes I would be losing my temper majorly, but I think the yo is the best idea. If that fails, a baseball bat should make your point clear.

fidleyspromise

Visit site
Poor you PS x
I've read your other threads and its not been easy for you and your lad at all.
I'd be speaking to YO and demanding they find a resolution - as you don't want to leave.

I had a situation at a yard, whereby other owners moved their horses without telling me and my horse was in a panic by herself - went over 4 fences. The day she jumped out and landed on a gate was when I moved her. TBF to YO, he was going to chat to other liveries, but I had had enough and needed out for my own sanity. This was a yard where YO left it to liveries to manage it.

Hope you find a satisfactory resolution x Well done to the person that did take you lad in.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
You must speak to YO.

Whilst you can't expect or demand others bring your horse in, you can expect consideration.

If that person didn't want to bring your horse in a phone call would have got you there sooner- or a knock on the door alerted YO to the situation. At which point they could have brought horse in and charged you for it.

Renvers

Visit site
You must speak to YO.

Whilst you can't expect or demand others bring your horse in, you can expect consideration.

If that person didn't want to bring your horse in a phone call would have got you there sooner- or a knock on the door alerted YO to the situation. At which point they could have brought horse in and charged you for it.

This ^^ iirc the FM's beef originally was that you didn't call her direct when putting PS out - is she vindicitve enough to turn your misunderstanding with your other FM into an attempt to try the same back?

FfionWinnie

Visit site
This is up to the YO to sort out.

Surely the yo can move things around so you don't have to share with these folk.

Is the fencing fixed between each field or electric?

HazyXmas

Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear that your horse has had such a stressful day.

Just wanted to say that i hope that you get it sorted out. Sometimes there are extenuating circumstances.

I have my own yard with six horses/ponies, so i'm completely in charge of what goes on. Unfortunately, horses have their own agenda & accidents still happen.

Today we had one mare out all day at a dressage comp, which left 3 turned out together. It's a troublesome number, we had awful fighting when we came back & wanted to get them in.
I will stick with turning them out in two's from now on, it's just so much easier to handle & you can turnout & bring it at the same time.

I hope that you're lad is ok.

putasocinit

Visit site
Can you get to the yard earlier to get yours in?

Strong people like us who request YO to do things usually fail, so you have to burst in to tears and play the cant cope without the YO and her help, then she will get the motherly feeling and do her best to make a point to the FM's, but i still wouldnt trust them, saddo's.