aachen

ferdi

Visit site
Didnt we do well at Aachen NOT. Even the French beat us
Its time the selectors woke up.At this moment in time we havent got the Rider Horse combinations to compete never mind succeed. We have tallented riders we have good horses unfortuneately we do not appear to have good riders on good horses probably Carl excepted.
If we are to compete someone at BD must tackle this thorny problem otherwise we will continue to be embarassed perhaps a pressing task for our new Chairperson

CharCharSlide

www.clarendonstud.com
Only just figured out you were talking about dressage coz the sj is the same!! we were 8th out of 8. After losing the first nations cup, we won the 2nd, lost the 3rd, won the 4th and the lost again at Aachen!! Something is not right to be so erratic. I really think they need to drop Nick Skelton coz at the moment his horses are not going well enough, same goes with Rob Smith!!

Anyway its just strange to see that its not just the sj that our country is failing in, do you think this is coincidence in 2 different disciplines or do u think that there is a common underlying problem??

xcgirl

Visit site
the dressage results were a huge letdown especially after laura B had been scoring 70% plus recenley and emma hindle has it all there to get big scores with lancet, carl hester definatley has be on the team for the euro's.
I think the underlying problem with both differnt disciplines is the lack of horsepower, we need to start breeding our own horses and taking it seroiusly to get top results.

ferdi

Visit site
Having been at aachen all last week i strongly disagree. With the dressage we have the horse power,especially with LANCET and MISTRAL HOJRIS but the riding of these top horses are in a different league to those of the german, dutch and swiss riders. Two of the riders seemed to give up half way through the tests, in particular the team competition which is surely the most important class. Instead of constantly making excuses for the riders team GB need a HUGE kick up the butt if we are going to progress any further and have a realistic chance of qualifying for the Olympics at this years European Champs!!!!!!!

xcgirl

Visit site
we do have the horsepower in lancet and mistral Hojris im not denying that but that is only half the team and when you hsve horses like that scores of 67% and 62% are a bit dissapointing.
I agree it does appear that the riders seem to give up halfway through the test if it is not going well.what i meant by having horsepower was having some really good horses coming up to grand prix although emma hindle does seem to have some good one's coming through.
i meant really for the SJ that we need more horsepower, fingers crossed at the euros that they can pull it together!