AAGGHH can anyone tell me why I keep these horses!!

debradley

Visit site
Sorry need a rant. Not only I am right in the middle of nursing my horse back from KS but my other came in last night with a totally swollen left fore. Vet out today says she has a severe infection so she's now hot wrapped and on antibiotics; x-rays on Friday to make sure there's nothing sinister!! I might as well just get my wages paid direct to my vets at the moment. Sorry know this post is a bit pointless, but I'm feeling totally p**d off at mo as it's all work and no play!!

showjump

Visit site
I know the feeling! My horse was out of action for most of last year, he came right and then put a hole in his check ligament! We are know back up to cantering and poles, so fingers crossed that all his injuries out of the way!!

Hope your horse recovers quickly and you get to start getting some use out of them again!
smile.gif

sikaran

Visit site
Yep - looks like your going through one of those "if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all" phases. Think most of us have been there at some time! Fingers crossed they both make a full and speedy recovery.

BethH

Visit site
Just so you know, now that you're on the road to recovery with your KS case, the next stop is a direct debit to the physio, followed by an immense bill from the saddler for a new saddle as your ned will keep changing shape as she muscles and the only one to fit it will be the latest, most expensive invention!

Just speaking from experience - do I sound bitter???????

By the way - you do it because you love them, but wish you didn't!

debradley

Visit site
Yeah I know you're right Beth. Well vets been out and it doesn't seem good news so will make a new post as need some more advise. However, he did say he is amazed at Honey's recovery from her KS op and even after just this short time cannot get over the improvement in her movement. Unfortunately Marble isn't such good news! Please look for my question on Check Ligaments!!

BethH

Visit site
Will do, although I don't know very much about them am sorry to say - will just keep everything crossed that Marble makes a full and speedy recovery. Am always amazed at what can be done to help neds these days some am just going to be very positive on your behalf!