Aarrrggghhhh HOW frustrating are horses???!!!

bugsysmum

Visit site
I know we all love them dearly BUT....!
My 5 yo seems determined to put himself out of action at the moment! Started with him becoming a wild thing over Christmas, so I started him on Nupafeed (which is doing a good job). Then the pair of us put our backs out (not sure how he did his, but he did mine for me!). So, got both of us sorted, and then he decided to play with one of his field mates, came in with a couple of scrapes and bites, resulted in him having to be put in his own section of the field again before one of them got seriously hurt. He is separated by electric fencing, so can see the others and touch over the fence if they want to.
He then started being really solid through his right rein and tense and unhapy when ridden. So, I've now booked the dentist for Friday just to check, but also called out the McTimoney lady again who found that he'd put himself out behind the poll and behind the saddle and through his pelvis! Only three weeks after she did him before!
And having been put right again on Saturday, he was shod yesterday and decided to have a moment, pulled back so hard that he broke his leather headcollar!! So I'm now expecting that he has damaged the neck behind the poll again and probably pulled the rest of his back out again!! Because he was done Saturday I could only lunge yesterday anyway, and when I did the massage and stretching exercises I don't know if it was still tension due to the previous problems or if he's done it all again. Aaarrrgghhh we have our biggest show yet in April and it wouldn't do either of us any harm to have a little bit of practise - is this too much to ask??!!
don't get me wrong, i love him to bits and wouldn't be without him, but don't they just make you tear your hair out sometimes!
**cookies if you got this far**

cellie

Visit site
I know how you are feeling.Im sitting here stewing at the moment .My horse has post op check up for bone spavins this pm last year he did tendon the year before ligament and in the middle deep bone bruising.Just dont know if I can take any more bad news.Every time I get started I have to stop again hes a tb and 6 so hoping its a age thing and he will grow up and stop injuring himself.

bugsysmum

Visit site
Cellie I really hope all goes well for you this afternoon. It's so annoying isn't it! you've had way more than me though - best of luck for the all clear!

cellie

Visit site
Thanks- I do hope its a age thing and when they grow up and stop being silly we both have sound horses.Hes my first horse and although he has plenty of time Ill be getting old and creaky before he settles down.Probably get him right then my 14 year old daughter will steal him lol.