Aberdeenshire/Moray - Horse Transportation Companies more needed?

LR2904

Visit site
Hi,

Does anyone feel the need for more horse transportation companies Aberdeenshire/Moray areas? I always find it a struggle to find anyone in this area when needed.

Do you prefer someone else to do the towing or do you prefer to hire for self drive?

Just toying with the idea ahead of next year.

Thanks
Leanne

mossycup

Visit site
Yes - I can't tow so hire a box when needed. There's only really 2 companies locally who I'd trust/are happy to do the smaller journeys, so I'd say there's definitely capacity for another!

MagicMelon

Visit site
I think there was a local company which set up for this sort of thing, cant remember the name but not sure they lasted long? I think they drove though. I would think there'd be a market for a little lorry (like Equitrek type size ones) and perhaps a double trailer that people can pick up and use themselves? No idea how that works insurance wise.

I personally have never hired a box as I have my own trailer but there has been the odd occasion where for some reason my trailer is broken or something and Ive had to cancel going to an event so it would be nice to have the option to hire a trailer if necessary.