Aberdeenshire saddlery repairs/ customised leatherwork

Sauchentree_lady

Visit site
Just wondering if there is demand for fixing saddlery or making customised leather work?

Considering going on a course! I'm based near Oldmeldrum but could cover a wide area.

I know you can get repairs one though Aberdeenshire saddlery at Hayfield but don't know of anyone else.

Glad to hear people's views...

libbyandblue

Visit site
There is a lady around where I used to live (Inverurie) cannot remember her name at all (so not that helpful sorry!) but she put elastic on my long boots for £30 I think and she is very good, really quick too. But apart from that I don't know anyone else!

Overgrown Pony

Visit site
Hiya

There's a lady that has a shop right on the side of the road near Udny. Sorry I can't remember the name. I have a note of it at home (i'm in work just now).

There's also a lady at Straloch. I believe her husband is called John Stiles. I didn't know she existed (not sure if she advertises) but I find out when I went to get hay from them.

Sorry for the vague info

Sauchentree_lady

Visit site
Ok, so more people than I knew about. But sounds like none are particularly well known.

Would any of you regularly get anything repaired if it was local or picked up/ dropped off at yards or local tack shops?

Just trying to gauge interest!!

Cheers

jakkibag

Visit site
Lachlanandmarcus, she is called Joanne Breese-Stockley, she is now up behind Straloch, Beautiful saddler/leather worker, and makes a lot of bridles for the showing community up here!

EmmasMummy

Visit site
Lachlanandmarcus, she is called Joanne Breese-Stockley, she is now up behind Straloch, Beautiful saddler/leather worker, and makes a lot of bridles for the showing community up here!

Joannes leather work is fabulous! She pays a lot of attention to detail.

Boxyquine

New User
Visit site
Just wondering if there is demand for fixing saddlery or making customised leather work?

Considering going on a course! I'm based near Oldmeldrum but could cover a wide area.

I know you can get repairs one though Aberdeenshire saddlery at Hayfield but don't know of anyone else.

Glad to hear people's views...
I love horses but big dogs are my first love. I've had a thick leather collar that 2 of my dogs have worn but in need of repair as no 3 had a little chew as puppy. As leather so thick I was advised to try a saddlery repair place. I haven't took it to Hayfield yet but nowhere else I can go and praying my 4th dog can wear it when old enough.

Britestar

Visit site
I love horses but big dogs are my first love. I've had a thick leather collar that 2 of my dogs have worn but in need of repair as no 3 had a little chew as puppy. As leather so thick I was advised to try a saddlery repair place. I haven't took it to Hayfield yet but nowhere else I can go and praying my 4th dog can wear it when old enough.
Look up Crafty Cow on FB. Based in New Deer, should be able to help you.