Aberdeenshire

tiggytoo

New User
Visit site
I have just moved to Aberdeen and I am looking for a nice, friendly livery yard in the Westhill/Blackburn/Inverurie area which offers Full\Assisted DIY at a reasonable rate for a my 16HH Cob.

I hope someone can recommend somewhere with a friendly, uncomplicated yard owner and friendly liveries.

V1NN

Visit site
hi theyre there hayfield equestrian centre in aberdeen.

or ladyleys which is near oldmeldrum they both have good reps

good luck x

DivaRosa

Visit site
Def Fountain! I was there for years before I got my own place. Lovely staff, facilities and loads of shows and trainers.

pixie

Visit site
I ride at Hayfield, which is just near Hazelhead Park on the West side of Aberdeen. Its got 2 indoor and 2 outdoor schools, tack shop, and access to great hacking. They also do lessons in things like polo and horseball (and maybe sidesaddle, I've heard). Very friendly place.

Mithras

Visit site
You will be spoilt for choice! In additon to yards already mentioned, I enjoyed being at Denburn and Loanhead is pretty good too. Theres Sunnyside near Cults and numerous smaller yards further out towards Westhill and Blackburn. Maybe try a tack shop for adverts for them or pop in when driving back. I found most yards up there had really excellent facilities and good turnout.

WishfulThinker

Just up from that street on the right.....
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Def Fountain! I was there for years before I got my own place. Lovely staff, facilities and loads of shows and trainers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto this, I have been at Fountain, Denburn, Hogholm, Milltimber and Sunnyside. I used to have lessons at Hayfiend to.

It does depend on what you do with your cob. If its sj or dressage or showing, then Fountian, Denburn or Hogholm would be good. If its hacking, then Hogholm, Denburn, Eastermains, or Tertowie would be good as they are on or near back roads.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Id suggest Cabin Equestrian just outside Inverurie. Brand new, really nice facilities and run regular unaffiliated stuff and BSJA:

http://www.cabinequestrian.co.uk/

I dont livery there or anything but compete there frequently. The owners are really nice and they run it well.

There's another livery yard somewhere round Inverurie, cant remember the name though... Can only think of Loanhead as the other possibility (near Kingswells).

gilliantahatann

Visit site
Cabin Equestrian is very nice. Like Magic_Magpie said, i dont livery there, but a couple of us from my yard used to complete there and seems to be a very friendly, well run yard. lots of nice facilities!
smile.gif

tiggytoo

New User
Visit site
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Cabin Equestrian looks really good, lots of things going on. I will contact the owner to see if she has any livery vacancies.