Aberystwyth -Horsey community?

Bri

Visit site
Hi all,

We've just had an offer accepted on a property 9 miles outside Aberystwyth in Llanrhystud. I was just wondering if anyone is local to that area and could tell me what the horsey community is like there? Is there a lot going on?
Also would be great if anyone is local and fancies meeting up to ride or go to events etc - as I will be keeping horses at home I'm worried I might get a bit lonely!

lexiedhb

Visit site
I went to uni in Aber- loads of yards dotted about..... is there not a stud in Llanrhystud? Also the uni riding club etc

Bri

Visit site
Fantastic. Thanks guys. Where's the best place to start looking for it then? Contact the uni riding society I guess?

TheBayMonkey

Visit site
I live in Aber and once you find it, the horsey community is huge! The Uni riding centre has plenty of shows going on, winter show jumping league, dressage competitions and regular clinics with BSJA trainers. There's a very popular riding centre in Aberaeron called Cel Aeron run by Kelly Webb which is fantastic, (they have a website) friendly atmosphere, regular competitions including dressage, showjumping, XC (brand new course), Trec, ODE, two phase events and showing shows. They also host Serena Pincus lessons and clinics in their indoor arena. Pony club camp is held there and I think its every wednesday they have evening jumping sessions, different height classes, you just turn up, pay a small fee and have a play. Loads of riding club and summer shows happening at the moment all through the summer which are very popular with all ages. Sorry, lots of info here, probably too much! PM me if you want any more information :)