Absolute F'ing idiots!!

WoopsiiD

summerfieldstables.weebly.com
In my area the bin men are on strike/given up/won the lottery/ whatever and the binbags have not been collected now for 3 weeks.
Right outside my house is one of the 'collection trees'-you know the thing everyone from the 6 or so houses puts the bags in one place.

Today we found a fox dying on the side of the road. I took it to local man who is IMO an expert in all things animal. He sadly could do nothing for it. It was showing the signs of poisoning.

It has been suggested that someone may have covered the bags in antifreeze to kill off rats and the whole street has now been warned that their animals may now be at risk.

The council are still yet to collect the bags and won't until Friday at the earliest!

Please anyone in the same situation be very wary and keep an extra eye on your chaps.

Ommadawn

Visit site
They were talking about uncollected rubbish on the radio earlier today and someone phoned in to say they had been advised to pour bleach on their bags to deter seagulls... yeah, and kill everything else into the bargain!

WoopsiiD

I live in Chavsville so the average IQ....

There really was no need for it as the bags have not been damaged and there are enough cats around here keeping the old ratty population down.

Egg is going spare being in and I've even got next doors huge lumax in the house as he is as soft as proverbial and most likely to lick the bags. TT thinks its great having Jack here for a cat party....OH is dying of asthma...oh well...insurance and widows pension will keep a lot of cats in tuna.

WoopsiiD

They were talking about uncollected rubbish on the radio earlier today and someone phoned in to say they had been advised to pour bleach on their bags to deter seagulls... yeah, and kill everything else into the bargain!

Thats what gets me......bleach/antifreeze its not species specific it will kill everything!

Nickijem

Visit site
Is there a reason why people are not taking their uncollected rubbish to their local coucil tip?
That's what we have all done in our neighbourhood when the bins were missed due to bad weather. Surely someone in the neighbourhood has a car?

kirstyl

Visit site
We were in Birmingham this weekend, apparently strike of binmen there and rubbish absolutely everywhere. And to day at home, north of Leeds, don't know of any strike but on our walk all the dog poo bins overflowing and huge piles of bagged muck underneath

Ravenwood

Visit site
Good grief :(

We had a collection today - Wahooo - I have been elated about it all day :D We haven't had a collection for a month now - due to weather!

But I can honestly say, I have never heard of any of this. Obviously people can't think beyond seagulls and foxes :( But then again, would you let your dog out to get at someone's rubbish? Although I didn't realise cats did this too :( See, its all about ignorance.

Millyard Rejects

Visit site
Sadly antifreeze is a killer but many people dont know the danger it poses to wildlife or domestic pets.
We have had some bad weather recently and many people-and main garages are using lots of antifreeze in their cars. They dont always rinse bottles correctly or dispose of them in the right way either. And cats and dogs are strangely attracted to the smell and taste.:(
Maybe pass on to garages and people who tinker with cars,who may not be so aware of the risks?:eek: