Absolutely brilliant!

peapod

Visit site
LOL - how good was that rider though!? Think I might stick with the natives...it's too much effort for them to do that!

spike123

Visit site
that is truly sad that the guy breaking the horse thinks it is so clever.The poor horse laid down because it didn't know what to do and couldn't cope mentally.He boasts of breaking horses in an hour.No wonder the horse wasn't sure what was happening.People like that really get my back up when they try to make out they are the biggest expert.

haybales

Visit site
i must be completely missing the point, didnt see much that was brilliant in that vid
crazy.gif

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
that's horrible. the poor horse doesn't know what' shappening or what to do! i don't think it's brilliant or amusing at all!
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You see, I think the horse knew exactly what was happening. It takes a special type of horse to do something like that, and being so controlled about it.
I didnt read any of the crap about the vid or poster, so If he does break horses in an hour then more fool him. I think the horse had done a lot of work seeing him canter away relatively balanced, definetly not an hours worth.
I thought it was brilliant because of the take on NH. That horse didnt lie down because it was scared or anything of the like, he did it because he could. Once he was told he couldnt he gave up.

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
that's horrible. the poor horse doesn't know what' shappening or what to do! i don't think it's brilliant or amusing at all!
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think its horrible at all. Yearlings aren't easy to break you know! I'd prefer one like that than turning itself inside out! I genuinely don't think it was scared.

He/she got it going in the end!

JessPickle

Visit site
He says nothing about breaking a horse in an hour. He says he can gain a horses respect in an hour!

I really believe if something works well then you cant completely comdemm it. Some of his other videos are very nice where he literally spends an hour stroking the horse and making sure its relaxed etc

Ginn

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think its horrible at all. Yearlings aren't easy to break you know! I'd prefer one like that than turning itself inside out! I genuinely don't think it was scared.

He/she got it going in the end!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!

My sisters pony to this day will run backwards like that only his response if you try to stop him is to buck for England (no its not pain related - we have had everything checked, xrayed, scanned the lot!) And I would much rather sit that then some of the gymnastic skills I have seen horses show when they are broken!

Im so pleased my girl lets me sit on her and walk around the yard like a laid back old lady!
grin.gif
tongue.gif

ETS: Loved the take on NH - really made me chuckle!

ihatework

Visit site
The NH aspect did make me chuckle.

A friends horse did that when they were trying to load him once. After a few hours and many different tactics the horse had the final word and lay down at the bottom of the ramp!

Ginn

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Tilly will be easy to break I bet....she trusts you!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

She has also got speed gymnastics down to an artform!
crazy.gif
I doubt she'd ever deliberately try and kill me but it would only take a little excitement and she can so easily put me on the floor! Now where did I see the velcro saddle and jods combo for sale? Think a parachute was also included......
smirk.gif

X

xspiralx

pmsl!

definitely doesn't look like that horse has had no previous training. Looked plain disobedient to me!

Skhosu

Visit site
Watch the other videos, he has taught this horse to do it and to me seems to be making a gimmick of it.
I am not impressed at all by this guy and feel the horse is backing up and lying down as it has been taught to, not because it chose to.
sorry...don't see whats brilliant.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
That's just baloney. My old pony used to run backwards like that if he had a novice on him (I used to give my mates pony rides lol), but as soon as anyone who knew him got on he was fine. He would just try it on, run backwards then shoot fowards. He tried laying down a time or two aswell. It takes a smart horse to do that, and that horse didnt look confused to me. If an animal is genuinley scared or confused it will react in a much more startled manner, maybe even dangerously. If it wanted the rider off it would have bucked him off.

frannieuk

Visit site
My mare went through a phase of lying down when she was about 5 - it was after she'd finally reared over backwards and she decided that lying down was to be her next trick. She laid down in the middle of a road once when we were having a "discussion" about which way to go, and yes, in general I tried to stay on her whilst giving her a clout and I did resort to riding in spurs - she got over it pretty quick and has turned into a mostly well behaved character!

spike123

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Did you see when the poor mare was down and he was shouting and smacking her neck?

That is NOT the way to break a horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.That is my point.If you read right the way through his comments you will see why I get the impression he is arrogant and ignorant. He boasts about how good he is.I have experienced horses that will react that way before too but in all cases I've come across it has been down to a lack of understanding on the part of the horse and a genuine nature as to why they haven't taken off bucking and plunging.We break and reschool horses all the time at my yard and if things are done properly most horses don't buck or plunge anyway by the time the rider is added.If you look closely at the end of that clip where he is hitting the horse you can clearly see the horse licking and chewing submissively.To me the horse looks as though it is saying please don't make me do this.

dieseldog

Visit site
The horse was so calm and calculated about, wasn't at all stressed. Obviuosly found a trick that had worked in the past and he got he thru it.