Absolutely brilliant!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
vicijp.. what do you know about the Gunner B's ?? i'm riding a Gunner B 4yr old at the mo. that has pretty much learnt that trick.. it used to spin round and stand up with the girls, but as i wont let it do that, it has taken to walking backwards very fast!! you have to sit there and not do alot.. he's getting loads better (only been riding it for 3 days)... I've heard the Gunner B's can be a bit funny tho.. what do you know?

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The horse was so calm and calculated about, wasn't at all stressed. Obviuosly found a trick that had worked in the past and he got he thru it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

As for the people who are saying he was wrong in what he was doing, I'd just love to see you break in some yearlings...

KateStartin

Visit site
Well if it was genuine i have got to say how else do you deal with a horse that lies down apart from stay on it and encourage it to get up? Get off and pat it?, congratulations you have just taught a young horse to lie down with a rider, that would eventually be a death sentence for a horse!

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I would swear that horse was specially trained.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure it wasn't! Did you notice at the beginning that he was giving the horse the aids for lying down?? And lo and behold the horse lay down. He also gave the commands for asking the horse to rise - hey presto it got up.

Skhosu

Visit site
it is a taught behaviour from what I can see of the other behaviours and his website. He believes in making them lie down then gets on them and hey presto...one backed youngster..from what I can see anyway!

calon

Visit site
someone posted this last week and it got a lot of negative replys ,people dissing this very talented guy as being thick and not knowing what he is doing and wtf is he breaking 2yrs old for ect .
i looked at his profile fully and his web site ect
he is a very talented very experianced horse man and can sort out a horse with rideing or handleing issues very quickley useing his method,which if you read his explanation about it you would see isnt a new thing .
he dosent break all his horses this way he uses it to solve problems with respect issues ,the horses he works with are racehorses hence them being so young he has a fantastic job and his own buissness in japan working on state of the art racing yards the like we have never seen over here .if you watch his other vids it all becomes clear and he also has a wicked sence of humor.the horses he deals with soon gain respect for their handlers and once they are easyier to work with it is then their training begins again as these youngster have been through what we would call the ordinary way of starting and have proved too difficult or dangerous to work with he dosent sujest all horses should be started this way, like the horses he deals with i have a lot of respect for the guy,lets face it he works with some very expensive horses and if the trainers in japan didnt think he was doing good work with these more difficult youngsters they wouldnt be paying him to come and sort out their problems .please have another look and read his profile see his web site and other vids .sorry about the long post but many people have just jumped to the wrong idea about this guy ,although i must say he has had more posative comments on this thread than the other one .

siennamum

Visit site
I thought when the link was posted last week that the horse was just being naughty. There are moments where it looks very chilled and cheerful.
Even if the horse is stressed and has been started badly, the point is that he 'solves' the problem in about 3 minutes with a judiciously applied motivator. The alternative would take presumably a couple of months of re-starting and have a far more negative impact on the horse

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
Blimey I though Spring was stubborn!!
blush.gif

What a great video, that horse had the same look on its face as mine when she decides not to do something. Not sure what people were worried about, the horse looked anything but stressed and by the end was going forwards sweetly and the guy was persistent and firm but not aggressive!