Absolutely no interest.. What to do next?

sophs_c

Visit site
I have been advertising my horse for the last few months in the local paper and on various websites but have only had one phone call. I'm really struggling to afford to keep two horses so need to sell him ASAP but don't know where to look next.

I have thought about loaning but he's only 5 and fairly easily influenced so I don't to be faced with a horse with problems in the future when i get him back. Also I'm off to uni in september so could do with the money beforehand.
He hasn't done much but would make a great all rounder with a bit of time, is it worth sending him to a professional yard?
He's currently advertised at 3450 ono, so it seems a little silly spending say £600 which i can't really afford anyway on a horse that's not going to be worth loads.
I know we're not allowed to post adverts on here so I won't (Please don't tell me off H&H i'm genuinely in a pickle!), i'm worried he's overpriced. Please could you let me know what you consider to be a fair price for a 15.2 tb 5 yr old, schooled and jumping well, would affiliate dressage, showjumping or eventing, can be ridden by novice in a school but requires confident rider out hacking in case of sudden "I absolutely cannot do this moments."
Would you advise reducing the price to try and shift him?
I'm also in Cornwall so it's not a great place for selling!

Any advice much appreciated!

Sparkles

Visit site
I'd say very overpriced for location and current climate of the market. Plenty of nice young TB's out there sadly :( I'd be looking at 2k mark for him personally if that.

Get him out doing more,summer showing, competing etc. I'd aim him as being advertised as a PC/RC allrounder personally with him being only 15.2.

Last edited:

horsesfornow

Visit site
Sorry to say this but I think he is well over priced.

I think in this market at the moment you would do well to get 2.5k for him!