Acavallo Gel Out seat saver

blood_magik

Visit site
Does anyone jump in one?

Considering getting one to help me feel a bit more secure on my big lad until I can sort out some confidence issues.
I don't fancy getting stuck to the saddle or mooning everyone though. :tongue3:

Thanks in advance. :smile3:

9tails

Visit site
I tried but it rooted me to the saddle in the wrong position. You don't stick in the saddle, they're not sticky, but you have absolutely no slide so when you want to push your butt back for a small fold you can't.

kizmund

Visit site
My friends horse who I often ride has one on her saddle and I take it off everyone I ride because I hate it! I think it's because you are an extra 2 inches further away from the horse so changes the 'feel'. My friend absolutely loves it though and won't ride without it!

WandaMare

Visit site
I am fine jumping with mine, it isn't so sticky it stops me from moving in the saddle. I have to sit deep into the saddle to engage the grip (which I have done plenty of times and it does its job) I think it does depend which jods you wear though as I know other people have problems with them. I tend to wear the smooth texture ones rather than soft, thicker ones.

I would recommend them, they are so comfortable and make you much more secure.

blood_magik

Visit site
Hmm.. You guys are split down the middle.
Well, I suppose I could always take it off for jumping if it's hindering movement.
I think I'll wait and see how I get on with my new saddle first - it's got bigger knee rolls so hopefully that will make a difference.

starryeyed

Visit site
I've jumped with mine and not had any problems! It does depend what breeches you wear - grippy breeches will glue you there but standard ones allow grip with movement.

wallykissmas

Visit site
They are fabulous and well worth every penny. Youngster put it to the test in the first few minutes and I didn't move. Felt quite smug as I pulled him up with a big smile.

dixie

Visit site
I know someone who has one for sale. Brand new in the bag, its black. I think she wants £40 for it. PM if you're interested and I'll see if I can pass her number on.