Acavallo gel pad - sheepskin or not??

nuttychestnut

Visit site
Hi all,

I need to purchase a new gel pad, I really like the Acavallo one but is it worth the extra £40??

My head says purchase the £40 pad and possibly stick/stitch the sheep skin on later? My heart says the sheep skin will look really pretty.

Help!

Spoiled cob

Visit site
Well I'm not much help as I'm about to order one with sheepskin 😊 and a lightweight just gel pad to go on his back and a few other things lol have a le mieux sheepskin half pad and it's so lovely and fluffy

nuttychestnut

Visit site
Heart is saying sheep skin but head is saying £40 for something that serves no purpose, put it towards lessons!
Ps you're very lucky by the sounds of your shopping bag!

MagicMelon

Visit site
I got the non-fluff one and its brilliant. Only use a sheepskin front edge bit saddlecloth on one of my horses where their shoulder movement sends saddlecloths backwards under the saddle - the wad of fluff seems to help keep it where it should be. Otherwise I find it a bit pointless if its not actually on the horses back...

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
We use gel pads on both our jumpers. We borrowed an 'Acavallo' to try out & thought they were really good but very expensive. In the end we bought the Shires rear riser pad. It was virtually identical & worked just as well. We don't bother with sheepskin, just put the pad there & it's hardly noticed.

http://www.robinsonsequestrian.com/shires-rear-riser-gel-pad.html

A fraction of the cost of Acavallo & just as good, honestly. There are other shires pads available as well. :)

nuttychestnut

Visit site
I've been good and gone with my head for a non fluff one.
Shame I didn't see this post before hand the shires' one looks very good.
Thanks all