Acavallo Gel pads/pad to stop saddle moving

Impu1sion

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a thin pad that would stop my saddle slipping forward (a temporary measure as horse has lost weight and awaiting fitter). I tried the Acavallo gel pad but it left little suction-type dots all over my horse's back where the air had pulled through? If I put in between saddle and saddeicloth, the whole lot slips forward! Grateful for any recommendations! Thanks

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I would recommend trying to balance the saddle first, sticking in place a too-wide saddle is never a good idea. I would ask the fitter if it's worth trying a thicker pad or front riser. If absolutely have to use a grippy pad them IMO the Limpet is probably the least harmful.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Myloubylou

Visit site
I have a Nuumed non slip pad for my saddle that wants to slip forward. Wouldn’t use to fix a saddle that wasnt fitting correctly but she’s got conformation that works against it staying put. They do a version where you can put shims in.

Nasicus

Visit site
Were the raised dots the skin underneath, or just the hair? I wouldn't worry if it's just the hair, it's going to get pressed against the holes and get crimped from the horses warmth. If it's the skin that's been raised, then I'd discontinue use of course.
I have used a Gel-Eze before, and it's definitely a lot thinner than the Acavallo, quite cheap too, around £27.

Impu1sion

Visit site
I would recommend trying to balance the saddle first, sticking in place a too-wide saddle is never a good idea. I would ask the fitter if it's worth trying a thicker pad or front riser. If absolutely have to use a grippy pad them IMO the Limpet is probably the least harmful.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thank you, I am waiting for the WOW saddlefitter to come and put some air in it, at present I am using a wither pad and it's well balanced, will have a look at the limpet too :)

Impu1sion

Visit site
Were the raised dots the skin underneath, or just the hair? I wouldn't worry if it's just the hair, it's going to get pressed against the holes and get crimped from the horses warmth. If it's the skin that's been raised, then I'd discontinue use of course.
I have used a Gel-Eze before, and it's definitely a lot thinner than the Acavallo, quite cheap too, around £27.

It was the actual skin! I havent seen anyone else with this problem, will have a look at those, thank you!