Acavallo Gel Rear risers

Coblover63

Visit site
I looked at these and the rise graduates to approximately 3cm from memory.

I went with a Prolite rear raiser in the end so that I could adjust as necessary.

CBFan

Visit site
Thank you!

I'm curently stuffing a couple of sheets of gamgee under the back of the saddle so I might continue with this until I find a suitable alternative...

paddy

Visit site
I'd say it's more than 3cm. I don't have mine here but I'd say it's 2-2.5", perhaps? Certainly makes a difference.

CBFan

Visit site
thank you... yes, a seller has told me the following: 'The rear riser is about 2 inches a the thickest part, the gel pad & rear riser is about 1 inch at the thickest part. Hope this helps'

So now I'm thoroughly confused!!

Paddy, could you have a look at yours when you get a minute and confirm? is it quite soft and squidgy too? i.e. would it flatten somewhat with the riders weight on it?

Coblover...Re the prolite risers... what are the inserts made of?

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Not a fan of the gel pads at all especially the risers. Not only do they squish down but they also slide sideways, they're not half as tall as they look once they're in use.

Pricey but brilliant and versatile, Mattes correction system pads, it's all I use for remedial fits.

paddy

Visit site
Will do. It is soft and does flatten. I don't particularly understand what your seller is saying either!

I've not noticed it sliding sideways, and nor has my trainer nor the saddle fitter who checked my saddle with it. Not much gets past my trainer, sadly.

wench

Visit site
I've had one for my horse, and it didnt slide anywhere. It will probably squash down a bit, but not an awful lot when sat on it.