Acavallo stirrups .. Thoughts?

BSL

Visit site
I did look at these, but have actually just ordered the Mdc super sport. Hope I've done the right thing...Happy shopping..:)

Whizza

Visit site
I've got these and I love them. They are really really light and have a broad tread so helps me to keep my foot in a good secure position.

Only downside I have found is that they aren't so easy to pull up your stirrup leather after use. Other than that. They are fab.

minimex2

Visit site
sorry to hijack, but also looking at these.

anyone any comments on safety aspect - as in will come apart rather than foot getting trapped.

thanks

Exem

Visit site
I've got these and I love them. They are really really light and have a broad tread so helps me to keep my foot in a good secure position.

Only downside I have found is that they aren't so easy to pull up your stirrup leather after use. Other than that. They are fab.

I agree with the above. I'm a novice rider and did my first 2-phase event at the weekend. Felt very stable throughout - much better than 'standard' stirrups and a reasonable price too.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
The fact the foot plate pivots is surely the release mechanism if your foot is stuck. I'm not sure I would trust the bolts it pivots on tho. They look really smart, would be good to hear from someone who has used them for a while!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
The foot plate does not pivot. Although the two 'arms' are separate the bolt holds them very firmly and the stirrup leather is through both pieces keeping them together.

Strange, they use a photo in the advert which looks like it does!

Don't see the point of the bolt then, its something that could fail so I wouldn't use them personally.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Not seen a pair IRL, but I like the shape and the broad footplate. I don't like the fact that they are composed of multiple parts, which surely gives more potential for failure points. Looks like just a couple of bolts holding the footplate on. Are the sides plastic? They seem to come in just one width, too.

Exem

Visit site
I had a very good look at them before I decided to buy. I have a good understanding of materials and mechanical design and actually liked the unusual features of these stirrups.

But, as with most things, time will tell!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Slight hijack of thread sorry OP but if anyone has these - are they good for keeping your feet in? I've developed a silly issue recently of losing a stirrup half way round a SJ course and its driving me nuts - wondered if these would help keep my feet where they should be!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Slight hijack of thread sorry OP but if anyone has these - are they good for keeping your feet in? I've developed a silly issue recently of losing a stirrup half way round a SJ course and its driving me nuts - wondered if these would help keep my feet where they should be!

Have you tried a cheese grater tread on your normal stirrups?