Accident on M5

The wife

Visit site
Very very sad, especially after what would have been such a euphoric day. My thoughts will be with everyone concerned this evening, I doubt I'll sleep thinking of it. I've also heard there was a crash on the M6 also involving another horsebox, how true this is I do not know. RIP Steveys lad and I wish a speedy recovery to injured parties

Susan leeman

New User
Visit site
Yes awful. Unfortunately we drove past on the other side just after it had happened. I cannot imagine how devasted and traumatised they must be, since from what I could see it looked as if the horse box had actually tragically hit the horse.

nonono

New User
Visit site
Yes, posted elsewhere. Sam Osborne's horse Stevey's Lad was killed. Tragic news and thoughts with Sam.

The horse didn't belong to Sam, she just used to ride him - thoughts go out to all concerned for this absolute tragic accident especially to his owner Donna xx

MrsBamonte

New User
Visit site
Just so you all know, the horse that was killed was mine and i was driving. My lorry was breaking down and as i pulled into the hard shoulder another large horsebox hit me at 60mph whilst i was carefully trying to get to safety.. I am heartbroken and do would prefer it if people didn't make up false accusations or imply i was speeding.. My world is in tatters right now!!!

kp31

Visit site
What an absolutely tragic accident. My heart goes out to all those involved.

Can i just say it isn't always speed. We bought a lorry, had just been fully serviced, passed its MOT, we were returning 2 horses, driving along the M5, an almighty bang, all the lights came on the dashboard, no steering, we weaved from the slow lane to the fast lane back to the slow lane, back to the middle lane and eventually to the hard shoulder, missing an RAC van and broken down vehicle by mere feet. I thought we had, had a blow out, we got out to investigate and a rear wheel had sheared off the back of the lorry, with the remaining one hanging on. How my husband kept the lorry upright i will never know, luckily floor is galvanised, the damage the wheel had done to the rear of the lorry was unbelieveable, we thought the fire brigade were going to have to cut the horses out. Both horses were fine. The police and highway offices were fabulous, shutting the motorway and letting us take as much time as was needed. Advising had we gone only 10 feet further the other wheel would have been off and who knows what would have happened then. So many very kind people in lorries who kept stopping asking if we were OK and did we need help were so very kind. This was an accident that could have been avoided, and we were lucky, very, very lucky and reading about those poor people and horses brings it all back to me. So please do not assume it is speed, it can be any number of things. One thing is for sure we always check our wheels now, have even removed the very smart wheel covers, ours and the horses safety is paramount.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Mrs Bamonte, I am so, so sorry for your terrible loss. It must have been a terrifying experience. Thank God there was no human loss of life, or more horse related deaths.

Condolences.

Mariposa

Visit site
My heartfelt condolences to all involved. A tragic tragic accident, our thoughts are with you, I'm just so sorry for your loss. RIP Stevey's Lad

jrp204

Visit site
Just so you all know, the horse that was killed was mine and i was driving. My lorry was breaking down and as i pulled into the hard shoulder another large horsebox hit me at 60mph whilst i was carefully trying to get to safety.. I am heartbroken and do would prefer it if people didn't make up false accusations or imply i was speeding.. My world is in tatters right now!!!

I am so sorry, it must have been terrifying. Not sure what else to say.

humblepie

Visit site
Mrs Bamonte - I am so sorry for your loss of such a beautiful and dearly loved horse in such a horrible way. I am sure there are many of us in tears for him and for his connections.

skint1

Visit site
Mrs Bamonte, my most sincere sympathies are with you and all who loved your horse, very sorry for your loss

Puppy

Visit site
MrsBamonte, I am so very sorry for your loss :( It really is every horse owners worst nightmare come true. I do hope that in time you are able to remember your beautiful horse with fond memories, not what happened yesterday. Take care of yourself, you've suffered a terrible shock :( xx

holiday

www.bathleyhillfarmlivery.com

We at Bathleyhills are totally devasted for all involved a terrible tragic night and we send all our love and thoughts to you all xxxx

Carrots&Mints

Visit site

So sorry for your loss MrsBamonte... he was such a beautiful horse. Sending hugs and love and my thoughts are truely with you xxxx

smellsofhorse

Visit site

There are no words that will be of comfort.

Such a tragic thing.

I'm am very sorry for your loss.

splashnutti1

Visit site

So sorry, this must have been awful :( rip Steveys ladxx

Helen Pavey

New User
Visit site
Dearest Mrs Bamonte and Sam, I cannot even begin to imagine your loss and how totally devistated you must all feel, not 24 hours earlier I was bringing my own horse home along the same stretch of motorway from an event, I shiver at the thought. You had a very beutiful horse in Stevey's Lad and you are all very much in our hearts right now. A very tragic accident for all concirned. xx

rema

Visit site
MrsBamonte you do not have to justify yourself to anybody on here or any where else..Maybe if people learnt the facts instead of listening to idle gossip and passing it on with a little added extra people would not have to come on here at a devastating time to put pay to the gossip..Condolences to yourself and all connected with horse.

ozpoz

Visit site
Mrs Bamonte, I am so very sorry to hear of your tragic accident and very sad loss of a lovely horse. Kindest thoughts and wishes to you at this sad time. xx

Dizzydancer

Visit site
Mrs Bamonte, you and Sam and all connected with Stevey's lad have my sincerest condolences. I am so very sorry that you have had to read the comments others made about the incident when they knew nothing about it but you do not need to justify yourself. I cannot even imagine how you are all feeling it is an owners worst nightmare. I hope that in time you are able to remember the good memories.
RIP Stevey's lad run free beautiful boy x

Tiffany

Visit site

I am so sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you (((hugs)))

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site

just keep in mind its a forum and not always the kindest place,
Accidents happen no matter how freak they seem, im so sorry you lost your wonderful lad, well done on your hoys place nothing will ever take that away from you. Don't let the moment be marred too much, everytime you want to cry remember you last gallop xxxx

julie111

Visit site
MrsBamonte, I just want to say how very sorry I am for your loss.
Unfortunately on this forum, like many others I expect, you have people ready to point the finger!
What happened was a tragic, tragic accident. RIP beautiful.

meesha

Visit site
MrsBamonte, thoughts are with you all, those involved, those injured and those who stopped to help. Accidents happen and are called accidents as they are impossible to predict or avoid. Take care of yourselves xxx

cambrica

Visit site
MrsBamonte my heart goes out to you, I'm so so sorry.
It just takes a split second, I know, travelling on the M25 nr Heathrow a while back I was in heavy traffic at a relatively slow speed when a left hand drive lorry pulled out into me hitting my passenger rear door where my daughter sat, my other daughter next to her. We were extremely lucky that day.
R.I.P Steveys Lad xxx