Accidentally bought Ariat boots

JulesRules

Visit site
I was out and about at various local horsie shops yesterday - partly to look at the ad boards ( looking for a lorry) and partly because I needed feed and a few bits and bobs.

Anyway, as the zips in my MH high riders have finally gone after about 8 years, and the heels have gone in my Toggi Canyons after 2 years I thought perhaps I should check out the boots while I was out.

Accidentally came home with a pair of Ariat Grasmere boots. My first pair of Ariats and I blame you lot as you are always raving about them!!! They were in the sale though😊.

They are too pretty to wear, and the leather is so soft and gorgeous. Might just have to keep them for looking at.

Mince Pie

Visit site
Sooooo comfy! I've had my old grassmeres for about 5/6 years years, looking a bit battered so I bought a new pair last year!

AmieeT

Visit site
Oooh! Easily done :p I've had my eye on Grasmeres for about 4 years lol- but it's very wasteful just to look at them :D

I accidentally bought a pair of Bromonts last year- went in to get some vet wrap and hibiscrub, came out sans vet wrap and hibiscrub (and sans boots because they had to order my size in black!). Oopsie 😂

CarlungM

Visit site
I love my Ariats. Trouble is they are so comfortable I end up using them as yard boots too- they get wrecked so I need to buy more for riding in! Shame, lol.

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
I am gradually being persuaded to wear Dublins ............. they crop up at irregular intervals, less than half price, just got Pair of lovely ones [new] off Ebay for £50 inc p&P [should be about £200, and a pair of Red Patent boots for "good", for £70 inc P&P, and they have travelled the world with me!
PS, the sole is coming off my yard boots, is there a glue I can use, else I need to buy another pair of long boots for winter
http://www.equestrian.com/p/womens-long-leisure-boots/dublin-river-plaid-boots---ladies/593083/
or
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ariat-Berw...F8&qid=1474798376&sr=1-11&keywords=ariat+boot ?

or
the more practical style, self draining
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vogstyle-H...4?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1474798501&sr=1-54&th=1

Last edited:

Nancykitt

Wester Ross, the beautiful NW coast of Scotland
Visit site
My Grasmeres have lasted for nine years and totally refuse to die. They look slightly tatty but don't leak. I have Conistons for lessons and fun rides and Bromonts for hunting. Admittedly, I had to get the children's Bromonts because I have such short legs, but they are great. OH has a pair of Bromonts for hunting, he is into his eighth season with them...

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I have an Ariat addiction, I've got Grasmeres for winter yard work and riding, Devon pros for summer riding. Tellurides for summer yard work and just bought Windermeres a half size bigger so I can get them on and off more easily. I need a boot horn for the Grasmeres so wanted a long waterproof boot I could easily get on and off if I weren't riding. Having said that I've been in a hurry to get out hacking a couple of times and have ridden in them to save changing and they've actually been really comfortable.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
My Grasmere's are going into their 7th winter. I do wipe them over when leaving the yard and every weekend I properly clean them, when am doing tack. Still no leaks and damned comfy :)
I'm like sussexbythesea, I have a few ariats kicking around; Grassmeres all winter for everything, Bromonts for 'going out', jodh boots & close fit gaiters for summer/warmer riding in at home. The laced Tellurides for yard stuff in spring/summer/autumn and the Portlands to wear to work, so a bit of a theme going on here :D

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I won't wear any other boots as they're the only ones that prevent my stress fracture reopening. I have long and short volants for riding and get through a pair of tellurides every year as my yard boots. I never buy them full price though. My tellurides keep splitting at the same place but it's the way I scuff them when I walk and not the boots' fault. I would like a pair of the barnyards (without zip) because there is no seam where I scuff them, but I haven't found any that are not full price yet.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
For those with the Tellurides, how are they as considering a pair :)

They're very comfortable for walking and yard work but the ankle padding is too thick to wear with my Ariat classic chaps and Spurs were hard to get on. I haven't worn them for riding again because of this. I'd have to get some other chaps if I wanted to but I've alternatives so haven't bothered.

ihatework

Visit site
For those with the Tellurides, how are they as considering a pair :)

I pretty much live in mine. All dog walking, yard stuff and hacking out.
They die after a year of abuse.
So so comfy and practical, I prefer the zip version.
Only thing not good for is schooling as just a little too bulky for Spurs

Casey76

Visit site
Unfortunately (or is that fortunately???) I have the wrong shape feet/ankles for ariats - so I'm sticking with my no-name yard boots and my fouganza short boots lol!

Mince Pie

Visit site
They're very comfortable for walking and yard work but the ankle padding is too thick to wear with my Ariat classic chaps and Spurs were hard to get on. I haven't worn them for riding again because of this. I'd have to get some other chaps if I wanted to but I've alternatives so haven't bothered.

Would you say they are really supportive round the ankle?

MagicMelon

Visit site
Love Ariats. My Bromonts have only just finally died after about 10 years of regular competition use! Got Volante's now, just wish I hadnt bought the red zip version :( Love them but not that practical for working hunter or eventing dressage etc. :( Am considering colouring in the zip bit with a black Sharpie!!

chillipup

Visit site
There are a pair of size 7 New Bromonts on Ebay at the moment. starting at £40, 2 days to go, no bids yet, or buy it now at £65 I think.

Highlands

Visit site
Love my grasmeres so much. Have two pairs! One for riding and one for work ( food tech teacher) find I ruin fashion boots and needed waterproof boots! Perfect solution !

chillipup

Visit site
Last edited:

Mince Pie

Visit site