ACP and Codeine Costs

Alibear

Visit site
I think I have been massivly over charged

for 8 ACP tablets I was charge £32 !
and for a weeks worth of codiene which ok is 112 tablets was £56 but that's 50p per tablet which I think is a lot for what is a pretty standard pill.

What do you guys think?

chriscrogul

Visit site
My usual vet was working out his notice when he visited my horse because of colic; he was very disillusioned with the business side of the practice, upset by the very large bills that were handed out but not seeing any of the money put back into the practice. It was a real eye opener to hear the things the vets were told to do to bump the costs up.
Amongst other things he said " I can sell you this drug for your horse for £38 or you can go into the nearest chemist and ask for codeine, will cost you about £5.00"!
Guess which option I chose!

Alibear

Visit site
think I shall be querying this, I mean I have been a good customer and paid them thousands of pounds over the last 2 years but bills have always seemed reasonable but this one is ludicrous!

catembi

Visit site
My horse is on a ton of codeine at the mo 40x60 mcg tabs twice a day which according to my vet bill is £20 a day, so £20 for 80 tabs - that's roughly £2 for 8.

Thank goodness for insurance...