Activate Your Seat System

chaps89

Visit site
I don’t know about this specific gadget/set of exercises but since doing a mix of yoga/swimming/fitness classes I’ve gone down a stirrup hole, my position has improved and I feel much more efficient as a rider because my body can do what I want it to/am asking of it.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Activate your Seat is one of the programmes I recommend to my customers. I think it's very effective, the only thing I would err towards is having a personal assessment and I don't think Maeve offers those online. Rider Reboot on Facebook offers assessments in person (mostly East Anglia but sometimes further afield) and online. I went for training recommended by them on Saturday and it was utterly fascinating and brought me a whole new understanding of how joints work and balance themselves.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
I have it, I find it effective but I do fall in and out of using it because it doesnt fit in my house. So I use it in the stables (much to amusement of native ponies) and when they are away at other grazing, I get out of the habit. Certainly feel it working the psoas and glutes but of course, there are other ways of doing that. I wish Maeve would put all of her exercises on an app because she has loads on her FB page, some of which are very useful.

Britestar

Visit site
I've been doing the excercises without a bungee as part of my hip replacement rehab.
I'm at a stage now when the bungee would be useful so planning to buy.

m1stify

Visit site
I have been using mine since November. I really recommemd. My physio has had a look at the exercises and she has given me additional exercises. Once you get used to the exercises it is really quick to do - I do 4 sets before going to the yard and 1/2 in the stable before I ride. I am really bad at keeping up exercise programs but I have kept this one going! it has really helped my stiff hip.

Muddy unicorn

Visit site
I got mine in October so have been using it for about 5 months now. We’ve got a big open plan kitchen so it’s easy to do in there. I’ve been doing all the exercises several times a week and it’s made a huge difference to my (very novice) riding. My seat and balance are much more secure and my lower leg has stopped wandering. The exercises don’t take long to do so it doesn’t feel like a chore - I’ve been really impressed

Sam_J

Visit site
I bought this and used it fairly regularly for about a month. I really wanted to feel like it made a difference, because I had great customer service from Maeve and I really like a lot of what she posts. My issue was that I could only really feel the exercises in my quads (if those are the front thigh muscles - anatomy is not my strong point!) and I wasn't convinced it was having an effect anywhere else...

Dontforgetaboutme

Visit site
Before I got mine I had restricted movement & pain in the front of my hip that eased once I’d hobbled around enough. After a week or so was pain free. If I don’t use I feel myself tightening up, I assume from sitting at a desk. Couple of times seems to be enough. I’m 47 and damaged my SI in a fall 3 years ago

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Reactions: TPO