Ad. French bulldogs for sale

{97702}

Visit site
Speshul colours, innit. At least they have decent nostrils if nothing else.

oh are they lilac ones? Not that I’d ever pay that for a dog (unless it was a ransom demand to get one of mine back!) but I’d want 24 carat gold for that price ?

Just found the advert - hilarious - there are idiots born every minute who will buy those pups ?

Aru

Visit site
I've delivered a 64000 AUD litter before. Mix of blues and dilutes. Rainbow of colours as if the printer had run out of ink as we lined them up. Thankfully the breeder told me how much they were worth after the section not before! Frenchie sections are stressful enough without knowing that.At the time it was more then my yearly wage.

Frenchies are expensive in everyway I can think of though. Fun little dogs and great for apartments....But they are also one of the unhealthiest breeds. As per usual the price is dropping now here as more and more people tried to breed them for a quick buck.
Amazing how many discover its not an easy to job to raise them.Many need to be bottle reared or supplemented and need to be intensively monitored in the early days. 2 hourly feedings and not being able to trust to mum to actually mother them..... not the breed for me I'm afraid.They just need so much intervention to even exist...It's crazy.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
And some sucker will pay that price.... ???

I wouldn't have one given, never mind 2 but my neighbour has 2, their breathing is dreadfully noisy even when they are resting. Why would anyone pay that price for a malformed dog?

They had 2 other pups which both had to be pts before they were 12 months old.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
I was slightly disappointed when I daughter bought a French bulldog, for what I felt was silly money. All the dogs I've had were RSPCA rescues which cost £40-£65 and a BT and Rough collie which were both £275. They've been handsome, healthy, wonderful dogs.

However, the French bulldog has surprised me, I adore him. He's big on character, gentle and very loving, but what surprised me most, is how athletic he is for such a snuffly beast. I just don't enjoy watching tv whilst listening to his breathing.

Modern breeders have a lot to answer for. Breeding dogs to have genetic deformities should be a criminal offence.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Modern breeders have a lot to answer for. Breeding dogs to have genetic deformities should be a criminal offence.

I couldn’t agree more! Fit for function over looks or popularity, obviously.

There was a woman at the yard briefly who told me she bred dogs and cats to ‘make my money’. I cannot stand people who breed for profit. Breeding should, IMO, be strictly to improve the breed, ethically done, with health tests galore, with lifetime support for all buyers. I don’t see why anyone would ever breed more than one litter per bitch, either. Possibly someone can explain to me why they would?

The changing popularity of breeds never fails to amaze me. A couple of years ago, I saw a huge increase in mastiff types round here, currently, it’s beagles and black labs.

bonny

Visit site
I couldn’t agree more! Fit for function over looks or popularity, obviously.

There was a woman at the yard briefly who told me she bred dogs and cats to ‘make my money’. I cannot stand people who breed for profit. Breeding should, IMO, be strictly to improve the breed, ethically done, with health tests galore, with lifetime support for all buyers. I don’t see why anyone would ever breed more than one litter per bitch, either. Possibly someone can explain to me why they would?

The changing popularity of breeds never fails to amaze me. A couple of years ago, I saw a huge increase in mastiff types round here, currently, it’s beagles and black labs.
It’s easy to see why if you can sell each puppy for thousands, it’s impossible for me to see why anyone would pay that for a dog but they do so people will carry on breeding them until there is no market at that price.

GSD Woman

Visit site
Will someone please post a link to the litter? Around here, Central Virginia, USA, poorly bred Frenchies go for at $2500 USD. (Is there a truly well bred Frenchie?) One hospital where I worked saw a lot of the breed for C-sections, elongated soft palates and the nares widening surgery. We did discount surgeries and dentals so we saw a bunch of different things. Kind of floors me that people would pay that much for a dog and then cut costs for surgery.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site

Me too.
If you want a puppy around here atm it looks like the the market seems to be for spaniels, doodly things, boxers or frenchies. All for sale for over £1k.

Although black labs have always been a feature round here...when I first moved here I remember being completely baffled by the amount of spaniels and labs around.