Adaptil any one used one ?

maree t

Visit site
Hi , has any one used an Adaptil ? They seem very pricey but if they work I dont mind . I have a rescue dog coming on sunday and if I can help her settle easier it might be worth it .

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I have used the plug in and the collar and neither worked for me but having said that some peoples dogs have been helped so until you try it you wont actually know. It certainly wont do any harm but I know they are pricey so shop around first to get the best deal.

Good luck with your rescue dog and the only advice I can give you is start as you mean to go on and have a routine, that will help her settle as well as a designated quiet place for her bed so she can retreat if she is a bit overwhelmed.

Moobli

Visit site
I think it very much depends on the dog. I used the plug in type for my old GSD bitch as she was unnerved by the sound of the window frames rattling when we had stormy weather and I hoped it might help calm her, but unfortunately I noticed no difference at all. I do know others who have had success with the plug ins and the collars though. Perhaps wait and see how your rescue settles first?

maree t

Visit site
Thanks , doesnt seem to be worth it . I will just get some rescue remedy at least I know that helps .
WorkingGSD she is a 5 month old mutt from romania . She has been bought over from a registered rescue and we fell for her . She is very nervous so we just want to do the best for her . Very excited, she looks like a poppet .

Moobli

Visit site
Thanks , doesnt seem to be worth it . I will just get some rescue remedy at least I know that helps .
WorkingGSD she is a 5 month old mutt from romania . She has been bought over from a registered rescue and we fell for her . She is very nervous so we just want to do the best for her . Very excited, she looks like a poppet .

Aww bless her. I hope it all goes well. She is lucky to have found you :)

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I've recommended Adaptil plug in, spray, and collars several times on other threads. They're no miracle cure, but they've made a difference on almost all the dogs I know of which have tried them.

E.g. I've taught all my dogs before and after Jonna to be home without me, without any problem, but the home alone training just haven't worked on Jonna. Without Adaptil she howls when I leave her, with Adaptil she only occasionally cries a little discretely.

maree t

Visit site
Thank you . We have 2 dogs already so just trying to help them all really . She arrived in the uk this morning and spends 2 days at the kennels being checked etc and then we get to meet her . We were on lists for rescues from the uk for over 6 months and nothing suitable . I saw a pictures and then a video of her and fell in love . Lots of work ahead of us