Adding toilet to lorry cost?

ShowJumperBeckii

Visit site
Hey
Just wondered if anyone knew the cost of adding a toilet/shower in a 7.5ton horsebox?
Wondered the cost of
-Shower
-Toilet
-Both shower and toilet
Some seem to have one or the other or none!
thank you x

humblepie

Visit site
Not a lot of help on cost but we bought our shower/toilet from the manufacturers (can't remember the name now but they do all the caravan ones) and installed it. If you don't already have hot water you will need to factor in a water heater. The shower/toilet weren't cheap but having experienced the showers at a particularly large international arena, it was OH's one wish for the lorry! Do know people who have made a cloakroom as it were but just put in a portaloo rather than a plumbed in loo.

turnbuckle

Visit site
No hugely cheap if done properly, also weight may be a concern.

If I did it I would be inclined to go for a vacuum WC, like you have on planes and ships, for a proper bog experience! Also they use much less water, so less weight to carry.

Ideally you need a 13T to cope with the weight unless you only travel one.

Other option I have considered but not done is to build a little sub-750kg ablutions trailer to drag along behind. Happy to help with design if you want, just pm me.

humblepie

Visit site
Remembered the company name that makes the units - Thetford. We have a water tank under the lorry. The loo etc doesn’t weigh much but obviously the water in the tank adds to weight

sidewaysonacob

Visit site
Your lowest budget solution for a loo would be something like I have in my lorry - https://www.amazon.co.uk/PORTABLE-O...qid=1432026070&sr=8-4&keywords=camping+toilet I just line it with a bin bag and chuck cat litter in so it doesn't smell and is very easy to empty.

I also have this water pump with a bucket and trug that I can use to shower in the horse area - boil water on the hob and mix with cold in the bucket, then switch the battery operated pump on, stand in the trug and shower! https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZODI-Outback-Battery-Powered-Shower/dp/B002L9A4BI

Conniexox

Visit site
Because we aren’t full on stay away show competitors, we just have a portable toilet 😂 no idea about the cost but just depends on size really! I’m no help 😂