Addington Equestrian - anyone know what's going on?

smurf

Visit site
Hi

Does anyone know if Addington is planning on opening soon? Last FB update is June and their landline will not accept any calls. They also don't reply to emails.

The RC DTM champs are meant to be there in 3 weeks but we can't book stabling

Anyone live near there?

Thanks

ShowJumperBeckii

Visit site
Last I was told was it a very expensive place to run and wasn’t worth his money opening for outdoor season after lockdown so if all is well plan i was told was to open October for indoor season!

tatty_v

Visit site
Lots of rumours swirling round here about surfaces being removed as they’ve not been paid for by the new owner. I really hope they’re false as it’s my favourite local venue and I’ve been waiting for it to be re-open!

smurf

Visit site
Thanks Tatty - O God! I hope that's not true. But why would you not reply to emails or have a working phone line if you planned to reopen?

AdorableAlice

Visit site
We have had a lot of success at Addington, but my overriding memory is the cost of the hook up. Extortion at its best.

I hope it does reopen, it is nice and central for so many people.

Ouch05

Visit site
Lots of rumours swirling round here about surfaces being removed as they’ve not been paid for by the new owner. I really hope they’re false as it’s my favourite local venue and I’ve been waiting for it to be re-open!

That was an issue with old/new owners. They were hoping to reopen for Oct but with the latest news I have not heard anything more. We have a very big comp booked in for 23-24 Oct which we were told would be going ahead and entries have just reopened last week. But as I said the news this week may impact that!

smurf

Visit site
We have a very big comp booked in for 23-24 Oct which we were told would be going ahead and entries have just reopened last week. But as I said the news this week may impact that!

The riding club DTM scheduled for the 2-4th Oct have closed entries but we have not been able to book stabling. I have never entered an event before where the entries and stabling have not been booked together

utter-nutter

Visit site
i have heard some rumours about it, as in the surfaces have all been taken up.....

tatty_v

Visit site
The Ben Atkinson demo in October that I had tickets for has now been moved as apparently addington’s outdoor arena is “unavailable”....

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
That's such good news.
We don't have anything rideable any more, but used to go there a lot with my kids and it was a definite favourite . It will be good to see it in use again.
Just need Quainton up and running again too :)

tatty_v

Visit site
That's such good news.
We don't have anything rideable any more, but used to go there a lot with my kids and it was a definite favourite . It will be good to see it in use again.
Just need Quainton up and running again too :)

Ooh yes, quainton was a favourite when I first started with my pony, the outdoor was just lovely.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Ooh yes, quainton was a favourite when I first started with my pony, the outdoor was just lovely.

Yes, fantastic outdoor - and they used to hold such a good mix of events there too. Such a shame.

Addington was good to go and watch events too. (I'm not remotely swayed by cheesey chips!). Will keep a look out for an events calendar.

Green Bean

Visit site
I also saw on FB that new surfacing was being laid. The only one that is of any quality near me is Bury Farm at the moment so will be super excited when / if Addington opens. I far preferred it to any, including Quainton which doesn't have a proper warm up arena when shows were on the outdoor arena. However, I have discovered many other smaller concerns and you cannot beat them for being super friendly

tatty_v

Visit site
I also saw on FB that new surfacing was being laid. The only one that is of any quality near me is Bury Farm at the moment so will be super excited when / if Addington opens. I far preferred it to any, including Quainton which doesn't have a proper warm up arena when shows were on the outdoor arena. However, I have discovered many other smaller concerns and you cannot beat them for being super friendly

I do remember trying to warm up for the sj phase of some combined training at quainton in a narrow strip of the outdoor they’d roped off - not great for those of us of a delicate constitution when there were children whizzing under your feet on their ponies! That said, I still really liked it.

Addington was my favourite though, I loved the music in the warm up arena (eye of the tiger anyone?!) and I always felt a bit special competing there (we didn’t do much and always unaffiliated, low level, so it felt like a treat to be somewhere so fancy!) i remember being very proud when we made it to the unaffiliated dressage champs and I got to ride my first ever long arena test in the big outdoor ?

C2AB6E11-ED0B-4E19-9093-0FB594A0FB70.jpeg