ADMIN PLEASE READ

nuffield

Visit site
the Would they seriously question it thread . I am concerened in case it prejustices the JG case.

muffinino

Visit site
Why would it, considering that it's discussing a news item created by H&H itself?
confused.gif

CorvusCorax

'It's only a laugh, no harm done'
Visit site
It's not being a busy body.
It is a news item, reported by a reporter. We are under strict rules and regulations as to what can be printed.

The defence could have a field day with some of the comments on here.
He is in court and what he said is covered by legal privelige.

For the sake of those horses, please can everyone just WAIT?

muffinino

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It's not being a busy body.
It is a news item, reported by a reporter. We are under strict rules and regulations as to what can be printed.

The defence could have a field day with some of the comments on here.
He is in court and what he said is covered by legal privelige.

For the sake of those horses, please can everyone just WAIT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but as it's been reported by H&H, surely whatever has been writtten in the article is up for debate here? I know we have to be careful but if it's on the front page of HHO, they must expect it to be discussed by the public
confused.gif

CorvusCorax

Visit site
Yes, but one person's measured debate is another person's 'hang the b@stard'.

There are journos here already
blush.gif
who is to say there aren't defence lawyers? Best all round just to wait, IMO, and yes, I am very touchy, as I have been threatened with court over the sake of one word in the past. It can happen.

ETA: There are now at least two instances of defamation on the other thread. I love this forum and I love horses and both will suffer if we can't keep a lid on this.

horseygal90

Visit site
As far as I can tell no-one has said any judgements, merely comments on the article. Surely the article itself is an opinion and therefore is open to the Judge taking it apart and damaging the prosecutions case?

Daffodil

Visit site
I'm making no comment on the content, but perhaps Admin shouldn't have posted this, as they must have known what it would provoke.

Aru

Visit site
i dont get it why shouldnt we discuss it it was printed on hho itself ...if they didnt want to creat debate why put that report online....and besides the tread so far has never mentioned the person by name and has just been about the problems that approving a defense based on monetary worth in a cruelty case could have...

ladyt25

Visit site
Sorry I don't believe my post in any way prejudices the court case at all - I was merely shocked at what was said in that report that has been printed on the H&H news page.

CorvusCorax

Visit site
It was printed on a news page.

Most news sites have comment facilities on court cases disabled until point of verdict or sentencing.
A news story isn't opinion, it is reporting of the facts.

HHO admin

Administrator
Visit site
I don't consider this discussion to be prejudicial. As long as people are debating the news story, rather than the case, that is acceptable.

HHO Admin

Daffodil

Visit site
Mmmm. Still a bit provocative, I think, given that HHO has been very silent on a case for some time.