Adult learning to ride?

ThatConnemara

Visit site
My mom has ridden with me a few times before for fun(in an arena with a instructor following), since I'll be getting a horse soon my mom mentioned wanting to ride too. So we could be getting 2 horses (Connemara and cob). Do you think a woman in her late 40's could learn to jump? Do you think they could become a reasonably good rider (controlling without my help). It would be fun to hack with my mom, and horses do spook/bolt/book, do you think she'd be able to hold on or is it too late to get started?

ThatConnemara

Visit site
My mom has ridden with me a few times before for fun, since I'll be getting a horse soon my mom mentioned wanting to ride too. So we could be getting 2 horses (Connemara and cob). Do you think a woman in her late 40's could learn to jump? Do you think they could become a reasonably good rider (controlling without my help). It would be fun to hack with my mom, and horses do spook/bolt/book, do you think she'd be able to hold on or is it too late to get started?
So just to be clear. You are a regular poster trolling. Harmless enough as long as people realise that.

For those who are happy to chip in, this latest hypothetical happening will be in a post corona world, I take it?
Im not trolling, I just have lots of questions and I just found this site today.. Just because I post often it doesn't mean i'm trolling, what makes you so sure I am??‍♀️?

ThatConnemara

Visit site
So just to be clear. You are a regular poster trolling. Harmless enough as long as people realise that.

For those who are happy to chip in, this latest hypothetical happening will be in a post corona world, I take it?

I am quite amused at the fact that you think Im that kind of person. Today's my first day on this site and I have loads of questions. The fact that someone thinks they have to come a judge me is quite upsetting.

Roxylola

Visit site
Whoever/whatever, yes a relatively young adult can learn quickly to become a competent rider. I've taught total beginners much older than that to ride, jump and have full control on a suitable horse. Basic fitness will help a lot though

ThatConnemara

Visit site
Whoever/whatever, yes a relatively young adult can learn quickly to become a competent rider. I've taught total beginners much older than that to ride, jump and have full control on a suitable horse. Basic fitness will help a lot though
Thank you!?

ThatConnemara

Visit site
Its not, its just a child bored and day dreaming and dishing out absolutely awful advice.
I had no idea people could be so bloody rude,The advice I gave with competition mix for energy was for a person who I thought had a warmblood, I didn't notice the "sec a" as I said, I thought it was a typo.And the advice I gave with a raw diet is perfectly fine, many people give dogs a little yogurt with their meals. First of all I'm not a child so could you get that idea out of your head it's quite judgmental if you , and second of all stay away from my account,ok?

Skib

sites.google.com
I dont know who you are. And am too old to understand trolling.
But I do know something about old people riding horses. I began to ride aged 62 and my OH aged 67
When I started back in 2002 I went to an RS where another retired lady was also just starting.

She wanted to jump. She rode only in the school and rode only one particular mare. And yes she jumped. I have no idea what became of her or her riding.

I have ridden once or twice a week ever since and my OH always says it is saddle time that matters most. Think of RDA - anyone who can balance on a horse and able to commuicate with it can ride.

Problem solving and communication is more important than rider fitness.

Leo Walker

Visit site
I had no idea people could be so bloody rude,The advice I gave with competition mix for energy was for a person who I thought had a warmblood, I didn't notice the "sec a" as I said, I thought it was a typo.And the advice I gave with a raw diet is perfectly fine, many people give dogs a little yogurt with their meals. First of all I'm not a child so could you get that idea out of your head it's quite judgmental if you , and second of all stay away from my account,ok?

You thought she had an 11.3hh section a warmblood? ok, seems legit. And no people do not feed their dog no sugar yoghurt. Not unless they want them dead.

I still maintain your a child. If your not then you are just an idiot which makes it worse.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
You thought she had an 11.3hh section a warmblood? ok, seems legit. And no people do not feed their dog no sugar yoghurt. Not unless they want them dead.

I still maintain your a child. If your not then you are just an idiot which makes it worse.

I too read a few posts and decided that school is out. However, I simply turned away from those threads rather than be rude. Not sure calling anyone an idiot is very HHO.

ETA - Oh, I just saw the advice on the RAW thread, yes OP, the advice there could harm someone's dog. If you are a child and new here then I would advise watching first. Then remember that, unlike Facebook, comments can't be removed. There is an age limit for a reason.

ThatConnemara

Visit site
I dont know who you are. And am too old to understand trolling.
But I do know something about old people riding horses. I began to ride aged 62 and my OH aged 67
When I started back in 2002 I went to an RS where another retired lady was also just starting.

She wanted to jump. She rode only in the school and rode only one particular mare. And yes she jumped. I have no idea what became of her or her riding.

I have ridden once or twice a week ever since and my OH always says it is saddle time that matters most. Think of RDA - anyone who can balance on a horse and able to commuicate with it can ride.

Problem solving and communication is more important than rider fitness.
Thankyou!?

ThatConnemara

Visit site

You are actually hilarious. When I tell you I'm new, I didn't see those things you should understand.

Oh and right back to you honey