Advertising for loan horse...

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Are you looking for a horse to loan, or trying to put something on loan? If it's the latter, TBH when I put my horse out on loan, I didn't have the time to read adverts by people looking to loan. I know it's often posted on here that you should write wanted ads but I was so overwhelmed by phone calls that I never needed to. I think you just have to contact every single ad that is of interest. Maybe things have changed since I put mine out on loan a couple of years ago but at the time, there were definitely more people looking for a horse than people loaning horses, so I could have my pick of those who called without needing to read the ads.

In terms of where to look, horsemart is quite good and fast moving, also try horsequest. Put the word out to all of your local horsey contacts and something will turn up.

SnowPhony

Visit site
I'm looking for a loan. Was so easy when I had one I wanted to loan out a few yeas ago, I literally metioned to a couple of people that I was thinking of loaning my mare out and I had found someone to have her in a couple of weeks.

I have a maybe horse to loan, however his owner still isn't sure what the plan is so I don't want t stop looking. Really struggling to find anything suitable!

Kirsty5150

Visit site
I found my gorgeous loan horse after advertising on horsequest. I had a fair few response's mostly from people wanting to sell but I found 2 that were genuine loan offers. I went to see both and fell in love with the second and brought him home 3 months ago. I have now bought him though becuase I knew he was for me and I couldn't let him go! So horsequest was very successful for me!

wellybob

Visit site
Another vote for horsequest, i advertised for a dressage horse as was sick of trawling through adds,I think it cost about a tenner and i was absolutly inundated with offers!
I found alot of owners don't like all the timewasters that come with advertising and as a result i now have a seriously decent horse.
I can't reccomend it enough!
(And honestly i don't work for them
smile.gif
)

SnowandSunshine

Visit site
I have a horse I'll be loaning out in a month or so (sorry you're a bit far!) I regularly look at horsemart, horsetoloan, horsequest, equine adverts. It is very unlikely I'll place an ad to advertise him cos I don't want tons of unsuitable people on the phone. I'd much rather rely on word of mouth and pick out adverts that sound like people who know what they are doing!
I would definately place an ad and be specific about what you want and want you can offer.

SnowPhony

Visit site
alexe, I find that is often the case, I find a cracking horse but they are too far away from me and their owners would rather them go closer to home which is fair enough!

Last one I had was almost by accident, I was approached out riding my friends mare who asked if I knew of anyone wanting to loan a highland gelding. He sounded fab, but at the time I wasn't looking for one....however the more I thought about him the more I wanted to look, and when I did I fell in love! So gutted I lost my job and he had to go back
frown.gif

Tiger2, I'm looking for something 15hh plus, that I can do a bit of everything with. I don't mind quirky or something that needs bringing on as long as its not a complete lunatic. I do have a soft spot for natives and native crosses however I'm open to suggestions. I'm on norfolk
smile.gif