Adverts - Minimal Information

Whoopit

Visit site
What would you make of an advert for a horse that tells you nothing other than a vague age, it's height and price? And the mobile number to call?

There are two with the same mobile number, both with the same format and one of them I quite like the look of but i'm completely put off by the fact that all it says is "Dutch Warmblood, Rising 3. 16.1hh Ready to start breaking. £950" and a number to ring.

I'm not sure I can be ar5ed having to call to find out more if the seller can't be ar5ed to let on if it's a boy or a girl & whereabouts it is? Would anybody else be put off by such little information or am I just being a complete wally over nothing?

vickyb

Visit site
No, I wouldn't be put off, I would ring and ask for more details, after all, the basics are there. The ones that really irritate me are when they wax lyrical about the animal, but neglect to tell you its height or age.

Twinkley Lights

Visit site
As long as it ends up being honestly described at some point them I'd have no probs. In terms of competition with other better ads when I'm weighing up travel times and effort searching it may not make the cut for ringing though.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Gosh, that's a lot more sensible information than you often get! I get really bemused by the ads that go on and on about how lovely the horse is but neglect to tell you anything that you really want to know - every ad should give the age, height, sex and price, and leave off the "horse of a lifetime", "first to see will buy" gubbage.

Shantara

Visit site
I love to browse ads and think which ones I'd go and see, if I was actually looking to buy.

The bare minimum I would consider would be:

price
and then a few essentials. (good to shoe/clip/box or bucks/won't hack alone/etc)

bex1984

Visit site
My pony's advert was one sentence long, it just said "perfect gentleman, looks after his rider". I went to see him and 5 and a half years later he's still looking after me :)

Bethie

Visit site
Bought my horse from a similar line ad in the Horse & Hound, was 15 years ago though so well before internet use was commonplace! I'd give them a ring if it was basically what I was looking for.

Elsiecat

Visit site
I ended up buying my fox through the farmers guardian paper, but after I bought her I realised I'd completely overlooked her on another website due to how brief the advert was. She's one in a million and I'm so glad I still found my way to her!
Ring up :)

Mince Pie

Visit site
If the horse is a youngster that hasn't been started then there isn't actually that much to say!

If the horse was, say 12, then it would put me off.

pinklilly

Visit site
There's loads of horses for sale pages on fb in the North East, I hate it when there's a pic and no info and it says inbox for info. I would rather put the info on so ( hopefully! ) don't get loads of messages from unsuitable buyers.

I would ring about the youngster though.