Advice on Albion Selecta

Lamia

New User
Visit site
Hi, I'm new here!

Would really appreciate some advice regards the Albion Selecta saddle from an eventing point of view.

I've always had two separate saddles for my older mare: an event saddle for SJ/XC, and a dressage saddle for (you guessed it!) dressage. We only competed up to Novice.

I'm in the process of buying a new saddle for my youngster (who will begin competing next year, all being well) and have been left with three saddles to try, one of them being the Albion Selecta. I'm really impressed with the fit on both my young mare and my own bum! But does it really do the job for all three phases; SJ, XC and Dr.? Can someone with experience of this saddle help me out? Would be much appreciated....

ernikins

Visit site
Hiya

I have an Albion Selecta and I absolutely love it - however I have found that the seat is quite deep for xc and if I am not careful it can knock my body protector upwards - if you know what I mean!! the knee rolls are fine for it though and it is comfortable to ride in - that would be my only comment on it! Apart from that I love it and it fits my youngster brilliantly!
Hope that this helps!

Lamia

New User
Visit site
Thanks! That does help.

I had noticed the deep seat, but thought it might still ride okay XC. My youngster will be starting at intro, so I'm sure if I got the Selecta it would last her a good few seasons, perhaps up to Novice, and if I was to go any further with her I might buy a separate saddle for XC.

Thanks again for your help, and anyone else's opinion/experience also welcomed!

*Also...the Albion is black and my mare is Chestnut....I'm not a huge fan of black tack on Chestnuts....who thinks it might still look okay?*

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
I bought my new Albion Selecta in January and I absolutely love it, so comfortable for both me and my horse! I event with it and have found no issues with it at all in any of the disciplines.

Go for it!

ernikins

Visit site
Thats kind of my thinking as well - I want to bring my boy out at Intro and I figured that hopefully ina year or so's time I will be able to justify buying a seperate XC saddle!

My saddle is black and I have a dark bay horse, but my friend has black saddle on a chesnut and I think it looks smart!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
We have an Albion selecta amongst our saddles and it's very useful. We bought the dressage panels for £130 but by choice I would have much bigger knee rolls in them.
Your body protector problem may be solved if you can get at the inner part of the protector, I cut an inch off my daughter's body p with a stanley knife and it then fitted perfectly. Her current one is a racesafe but a child's size which fits her perfectly (size 10 5' 5" tall...
I think the idea of a three in one saddle is great, and saves a fortune on saddles..

sham

Visit site
I have a selecta for my youngster and I love it(So much so I even sent it back to Albion to have the tree widend when my neddy grew out of it..)

I Highly reccomend them.

Lamia

New User
Visit site
Great!

I'm so pleased and grateful to read all your views.

I've just been out hacking with the Albion Selecta on my youngster, and we're both very happy with it.

Think that's my mind made up then!