Advice on clicky hip

yasminA

Visit site
I noticed about a month ago that my 7yr old ISH is clicking in her left hip, she clicks all the time when she's just out in the field and when she's being ridden even after she's been warmed up.

I've had the vet out, he did loads of checks and said she is deffinatly 100% sound and not in pain, but I should keep an eye on it.

For the past 2 weeks i've had her living out all the time to see if this effects it, and have began giving her a joint suplment in her feed.

Has anyone else experienced this? Has any advice?

Thanks

Hippophilia

Visit site
Hi, my older TB mare has also developed a click in her right hind. She lives out 24/7 but has been in very light work over the winter and I suspect it is to do with a loss of muscle tone as she has no other issues and moves well. I'm not riding at the moment as I'm 8 months pregnant but I am lungeing her over poles and cavaletti to encourage her to lift her leg and strengthen the stifle. I found this useful article online which might help:
http://www.horse-sense.org/archives/20040620085002.php.

Waffles

Visit site
I was reading about this very thing in an old issue or Your horse or similar the other day. it said, like us when we click, that it's the synovial fluid you are hearing that makes the sound, not the bones, and if the horse is sound, it's often nothing to worry about.