ADVICE ON REFINING THOROUGHBRED FOR IRISH DRAUGHT MARE

Jabba

Visit site
I just want to make a correction, the Loughehoe Guy mare I mentioned above with 'questionable' temperament has in fact unknown breeding!! Being new to the horse business I put trust and honesty at the forefront of any of my dealings and it is a real shame that there is a few in the horse industry that do not do the same!

As stated above I knew the dam that is being claimed to be the dam of this mare and I knew she had a filly in 2007 by Loughehoe Guy. Sadly the breeder is no longer with us, but his son is! The son was able to tell me that the filly, this filly is claimed to be, was sold to England with Passport and recorded breeding in 2010 and is starting eventing this year with an 18 year old girl!

Now I don’t know for sure if the current owner of this ‘Questionable’ mare is the person who has fabricated this mares breeding or he has been done and he honestly believes his mare is by Loughehoe Guy out of Comber Diamond May (by Crosstown Dancer), but the matter stands that at some point research was done to find a Loughehoe Guy filly born in 2007 and this mare is being advertised for sale as this filly! The current owner has stated to me, as I guess he has done to many others, that this mare has recorded breeding in her passport, which she does not! Does he not know that if someone were serious about buying her they at some point are going to check the passport.

I apologise for not doing my research before publishing about this ‘questionable’ mare and hope that those who have read it can forget the un-researched words of a gullible idiot. Loughehoe Guy is a great Stallion!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Don't take it to heart Jabba, it's not your fault, you can only go by what people tell you but it'll be a shame if Guy's good name is slurred by current owner of mare insisting she's by him when she's not.

I think whoever buys that mare will need to do a DNA or blood typing to get to the bottom of her parentage or it will be forever a case of ignorance is bliss until they try to register any offspring when the S**t will hit the fan.

happy-appy

Visit site
Sorry I missed this thread when it was originally posted. Anyhow I see that Jabba was interested in Diamond Discovery, and that SeaBiscuit seems to know something of him also. My young lad is by Diamond Discovery (albeit out of an 'unnamed' mare ....long story...)

My lad's temperament is lovely, moves beautiufully and he has looks to die for :) (biased mummy!) Mail me if you would like pics or to see a video of free jumping.

There is a YouTube video of Diamond Discovery at the Royal Dublin horseshow if you do a Google search on it. Diamond Discovery's temparement is lovely and his owner (Tim O'Regan) reckons that he is the gentlest stallion he has ever owned!

There is also another Youtube video of a young horse called 'Murphy Diamond Discovery' if you do a search, who is also by Diamond Discovery.

You are probably sorted out by now, if not, then I'd be glad to share pics or share further info if you private message me.

Kacey88

Visit site
My dad has two ID mares in foal to Loughaghoe guy, one is by Huntingfield Rebel and the other by Flagmount King. The Flagmount King mare is very nice with loads of bone, can't wait to see the foals when they arrive.

Luci07

Visit site
How about French Buffet? he is at the same stud as Watermill Swatch. TB, grand prix SJ was in Holland on the KWPN studbook for a long time and now in Ireland. Mine is out of him so I have been therefore been looking at his stock (there aren't a lot as he has not been in Ireland for long). Found 4 now including mine, 3 eventing and 1 just backed. All seem to have exceptionally good temperaments though have been told FB can come across as a bit sour. All stock seem to have good natural jumping techniques too. Now seen 3 "in the flesh" and seem to be a similar stamp, tend to be short coupled but well put together and bright horses. Mine does better when he can work things out for himself which is exactly what I like in an eventer! YO likes mine so much she is on the verge of buying another younger FB baby to bring on to event.

Luci07

Visit site
Luci07, unless I've missed something... isn't French Buffet dead?

oh C*ap your right. When I was looking previously, the studbook doesn't actually say that .. and I should have picked up on the 2010 comment. That is a shame as just starting to see his stock now and really like them.

gadetra

Visit site
oh C*ap your right. When I was looking previously, the studbook doesn't actually say that .. and I should have picked up on the 2010 comment. That is a shame as just starting to see his stock now and really like them.

He has left some stunning and very talented stock behind him.
He is a huge loss, although an older horse when he came to stand here. Great type.
There might be a filly out there with my name in her yet...

welshdanash

Visit site
Hello,

Reviving an old thread! I was just curious if you ended up making a final decision for your draught mare? My RID mare had her first foal by Mill Law this year. We are really pleased with the result. Im just curious to see the results when the Stallion is a TB and the mare a draught. I have added photo of our little guy.

IMG_1413.jpg

Zebe

Visit site
I know this is an old thread! Kacey, how did your LG foals turn out? I have a flagmount king mare (also with loads of bone) & LG is on my short list for this year.