Advice on selling my saddle

unbalanced

Visit site
I sold mine on Saddles Direct - it was a really old Albion Style - beautiful saddle with just marks on the leather from wear, still great to use for many years yet. Martin Wilkinson told me I should get £350 second hand for it and no one was biting for £250 on ebay so I sent SD pictures and they offered £297. It took a few months for them to sell it but I much preferred that than to let it go for nothing.
I think they sold it themselves for £495 - they can get a lot more because people can try it and get their own saddlers to check it on the horse whereas with ebay obviously you are stuck trying to return it and with saddles direct as a buyer they let you try a few and keep the one that fits, or try a few more if you need to. As a seller you don't get any money until yours sells, which may be weeks or months. They are very upfront about that and I found them easy to deal with. You also have to pay about £15 to them to have your saddle couriered to them.

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
There are facebook pages set up by local horse groups which allow you to advertise locally, I sold quite lot of stuff locally on pre-loved and on facebook. The costs of Ebay are very high in my opinion, and selling second hand stuff is not always satisfactory.

dixie

Visit site
I just sold my saddle on Preloved for £425. However, I think its pot luck as I had a exact model of saddle the buyers knew they wanted and I let them take it away for a week to try out. This sounds like a gamble but it wasnt as I had took 50% in cash and 50% cheque and ID details etc. and promised to repay if it came back in the same condition.
Our local saddlers would have taken to sell at commission (25% I think or maybe 33%) and they were going to retail at £595 but I was happy to wait til it sold as I was happy to keep it rather than sell for stupid money.

hippocobamus

Visit site
I have sold most of my old saddles on Preloved, but as others are saying, they didn't fetch good money and I made quite a loss. Luckily I shouldn't have to sell my current saddle, so won't have to go through that again as it is so disheartening.

I think that BD classifieds has a good selling section, which might be worth a try.