Advice on the Price!!! - help needed!

Baileysmidmag

Visit site
The time has come for me to sell my horse Rolo :( Looking at the market there is a real variation in prices and i have nooo idea at what to ask for him.....was hoping you could help!

He does Novice BE - here's his record
http://www.britisheventing.com/asp-net/Events/Results.aspx?HorseId=81505
(not done much this season BE wise due to ALevel exams :( )

He's 8, 16.1hh, great at all 3 disiplines and is fab in jumps offs and to hack and lateral work and just to do everything! - he even won a handy pony competition!

Would be ideal for an aspiring JRN rider and rarely comes home without a rosette!

rolo.jpg

rolo333.jpg

rolo3.jpg

Any ideas of what i should be asking for him?

p.s this is in no way an advertisment i just want some ideas :)

be positive

Visit site
Shame about last run, spoilt really good record.
Looked for this last year with client we had £15 k ,I would think around £12 ish if he is totally straight and suit JRN.

sare_bear

Visit site
I think it depends on if he has scope to go on or novice is his limit.
Very smart horse by the way.
If novice is more his limit then £12-15k if can easily go on then £18k. Would also depend on if he has any little quirks. Good luck should easily find him a new home.

OneInAMillion

Visit site
He is absolutely lovely, you must be heartbroken to sell him :( Is there anyway you could do another run on him just so his record didn't finish with the XC faults

Firewell

Visit site
Wow he is super nice! No idea of price for a horse as nice as him but there was a post from someone looking for a uber nice allrounder. I'll c if I can find it x

Baileysmidmag

Visit site
Thanks everyone! Yes i will be very upset to see him go :(

One in a Million - i did Cholmondly Castle BE yesterday with a 36dr, 4faults sj and then i retired on the xc......it was v hot and the ground was hard and he banged a big table at fence 5 so i didnt want to risk him!
I have Skipton Novice and Bold Heath Novice all entered for though so i'm hoping for 2 last good runs :)

Thanks Firewall.........i shall pm her :)

Chloe1

Visit site
I saw one on BE website recently, same age similar abilities and record. Was on for 20k and seemed to disappear off website pretty quickly. Again I would agree it depends on if he has the ability to go intermediate.