Advice please? Head over heart?

Mike007

Visit site
I think this is a little unfair even though I suspect I would buy. Buying a horse is a responsibility and whilst I understand that a great deal of this is light hearted. Perhaps the OP is feeling a little bit pressurised into making this choice. Good luck OP whatever you decide.

My Muppet

Visit site
Ooh, what's happening? Need to know one way or tuther.Checking in from a very warm early morning in Australia. To all with snow on the ground I am proper jealous. 😥

Marchogaeth

Visit site
Thank you everybody! It seem obvious what the correct answer is here! Alas I've nearly made my decision, see it's going to be a big thing to add a third to my life, to ride, to care for, to pamper;) but I know I could do it, I could make time for it, and he is a pony well worth making time for!
I've spent the whole of yesterday speaking to the woman who owns him at the moment, and I'm arranging a to go an see him:)
...after I've seen him though I don't think I'll be able to help myself!
Sorry I has be nothing more concrete, so here's a picture of himans his brother when I used to know him...
48C42944-B29F-4507-8274-488EAEC46DC7_zpsnr8goxxl.jpg

Shady

Visit site
oh , he's so lovely , whichever one he is on the photo!( not the weener obviously, tho he's gorgeous!)
think of Black Beauty????!!!!
but instead ' The Grey Ghost ' ..... i'll write his story for you and we can all go ahhhhhhhh, sob, sob, happy tears. xx

seriously( for just a moment) i'm sure you will make the right decision....... to buy him !x

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Thank you everybody! It seem obvious what the correct answer is here! Alas I've nearly made my decision, see it's going to be a big thing to add a third to my life, to ride, to care for, to pamper;) but I know I could do it, I could make time for it, and he is a pony well worth making time for!
I've spent the whole of yesterday speaking to the woman who owns him at the moment, and I'm arranging a to go an see him:)
...after I've seen him though I don't think I'll be able to help myself!
Sorry I has be nothing more concrete, so here's a picture of himans his brother when I used to know him...
48C42944-B29F-4507-8274-488EAEC46DC7_zpsnr8goxxl.jpg
Gorgeous - make sure you have transport when you go see him. Is there any news been sitting here waiting for an update ........................

starryeyed

Visit site
I've just discovered this thread, read from start to finish and am pretty much bouncing up and down with excitement ! (goes without saying i am also in the "buy him!" camp)

Boulty

Visit site
If you've got the time and the money then I'd go for it. Even if he just has a safe place for the rest of his days. Sounds like he was special to you and I think you'll regret it if you don't. By the way at a max of 8 stone you are not even close to being too heavy for him

CBFan

Visit site
You don't sound too heavy or too tall. I'm 5.ft 11 and have ridden a few 13.2hh and I am too big on them but I can still ride them! :) Get him!

There's a lot to be said for knowing that they are going to be safe for the rest of their lives :)