Advice please - what do you think this lump is?

BBs

Visit site
OMG! I havent seen this for over 18 years!
I had a little pony (grey 14 year old mare) a pony I loaned. She had the exact same lump come up on her face also.
TBH I was only about 11-12 years old when she got this, she had suffered a lot i.e lammie etc - however, i remember this, it started to ooze very disgusting smelling gunk (through her nostral) - I would assume now, it could have only been an abssess or some kind, i would think in the mouth/tooth.

I could be completely wrong, unfortunately my ponies owners werent once for calling out the vet and i know the pony was pts shortly afterwards, due to ill health and lack of rider - but being a kid, i was angree because i knew there was somethign wrong but i couldnt get the owners to see that the pony needed to be checked out
frown.gif
if it was an absess it would have been so easily treated
frown.gif

Good luck
smile.gif

Vx

Patches

Visit site
Yup, bump still there same as it was yesterday, no new developments.

Called the vets who were supposed to come at 2.15, re-arranged until 4pm and have no re-arranged until 9am in the morning. I guess it's not urgent but still frustrating that it's not been looked at today.

Not a totally wasted day, cob webbed my entire barn and stables today which was an unenviable task. Saddle fitters have also been to check the fit of her saddle and have said it's a perfect fit, sits lovely and complimented me on her fitness as she's muscled up lovely since she had it.

Bless.

Patches

Visit site
Not sure about everyone else but I've rarely had to wait a day to be seen for any problem that occurs suddenly, whatever it is. If I book for vaccinations etc I always wait until the vet is in the locality as the call out is less if they are already in your area that day. Besides, it's a long way to come just to jab a horse routinely.

I'm happy with waiting till tomorrow. I did say that this morning when I called to book. Explained I didn't view it as urgent as she looked ok in herself and was eating and drinking normally.

Tia

Visit site
Same day appointments are the norm here in Canada, as they were for me in the UK too. Are they not like that in the States GTs?

It may just be that because I pass on a fair amount of money to my vet that he will come as soon as he can and always the day I call. I only call when I REALLY need a vet though, so he knows if I need him I really need him.

GTs

Visit site
Umm, no I generally had to book things in advance. But saying that I did not have anything half way like this - all mine were pretty non-events or emergencies.

GTs

Visit site
I can give you guys the update - basically nothing obvious, so given antibiotics and time and see what happens.