Advice re Raw Feeding Manifold Valley meats

irishdraft

Visit site
I am looking into feeding my three dogs raw food and I have seen manifold valley meats recommended as a supplier on here. It seems a simplier way of doing things than i have been reading up on where you have to obtain raw meaty bones, chicken carcases & cooking veggies etc What would you recommend as a diet for two 5 year old very active border collies 20kg & 24kg and a working sealyham terrier 11 months also very active about 12kgs. I was under the impression a large part of the diet was bone so if you are buying these frozen sausages of minced meat, i know some have bone in, what is the proportion of different products also do you add any veggies ? Im probably making it more difficult than it needs to be but having fed kibble for years its taking a bit of working out what should be fed. Many thanks

loopiesteff

Visit site
It's 80% meat, 10%bone, 10% offal.

I feed MVM and tend to feed some form of bones 1-2 times a week, tripe 1-2 times a week and the rest of the week meat and some veg. Suits my dog fine. A tube of meat lasts my dog 3 meals.

They say you should feed between 2-3% of their body weight. I feed mine 3 n a bit% as he's a competing dog, but I'd say start with 2.5% and adjust accordingly if you think they've out on or lost weight.

I get frozen veg packs from a friend who runs her own raw treats company which saves me having to prep veg.

You become a poo expert. If its too soft, feed more bone. If they're coming out like chalky pellets that u can hear drop on the ground, feed more meat. All my treats are raw as well. He gets all sorts of dried things, lung, liver, tongue, heart, kidney. He also gets dried sprats, salmon spine and minced salmon.

moppett

Visit site
I feed mine MVM. They have tripe twice a week, meat tube 3 times a week (beef or lamb are the only flavours they like!), and a day of offal (kidneys/liver) and a bone meal - chicken wings, lamb ribs, necks. Also they get big recreational marrow bones once/twice a week. Veggie wise I just throw them a carrot or manky apple occasionally! I buy the really cheap ox liver (which they wont eat raw) and make liver cake for training.

{97702}

Visit site
I feed MVM - Teressa (owner) is lovely and incredibly helpful, the products are great quality, I really recommend them.

If you look on their website/Facebook page you will find a breakdown of the bone content for each of their products so you can balance the diet as you wish - I tend to feed the 80:10:10 ratio over a week rather than a daily basis, mine get chicken carcasses once or twice a week, tripe 2-3 times a week, and beef/lamb/venison or similar 2-3 times a week