Advice re: tying a stock

applecart14

Visit site
Hi I have a white stock with a hole for a button. Then it has a piece of material attached to it through which you can thread a strip of material (the stock itself).

How do you tie it though? I presume you do it like you would a tie but without tucking it under and through, instead tucking it over and securing with a stock pin.

Is this right?

Batgirl

Visit site
If I am imagining the right thing (eseentially a collar with a loop of collar at the front (like a short tube) then you don't tie the stock, you thread it through the tube and simply cross the ends over and pin, the tube becomes the knot. If I have got the wrong end of the stick then apologies!

Video below that might help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9wz5WKAbuY&feature=related

imr

Visit site
You attach the button at the front of your collar by threading that through the buttonhole, then pass the two ends back behind your head, threading the non hole end through the hole end behind your head, and then pass the ends forward so you have 2 ends hanging down from your shoulders over your boobs. Then tie in a simple knot, which will leave you with two ends hanging down again. Then take the end on your left side and fold it upwards away from your body and back to your shoulder to create a loop, pass the right hand end over the loop and then back through the loop, pull tight either with one end up and the other down or one to each side depending on whether you want a dressage style or a hunting style.

Puffin

Visit site
It sounds to me like bat girl is right an the stock the OP has isn't the traditional sort its one that sort of 'cheats' (no offence intended)

I have both sorts but this one, I think, is a collar that velcros at the back, then has a strip of material sewed vertically at the front, then the ends stitched to form a loop that has openings at the sides. There is then a totally separate straight piece of the material, this threads through the loop.

One of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0057WPZ...rand=89740074684511459&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=

All I do is fold the ends of the second bit down across each other as in the final stages of a standard stock. The loop makes the 'knot' and those form the ends. put a pin through those and the tail of the loop (If it has one) to hold it all secure.