Advise on supplements please :)

GeorgiaR95

Visit site
I currently have two haffies that live out 24/7. My eldest is 18 now and has some arthritis in her hocks (been confirmed by vet and farrier also reckons this is the case) she drags her back feet when moving around but has no problem riding out or general day to day things.

Was wondering if anyone could offer any recommendations that could ease her stiffness please that doesn't cost me huge amounts.

GeorgiaR95

Visit site
Try Green lipped muscle extract. Helps sooth joints and I've seen a difference since I started using it on dog and horses.

Thanks I'll give it a try.

Had her on a supplement a few months ago but couldnt tell any difference in her at all so will give this a go and see how she goes :)

SEL

Visit site
boswellia helped one of mine.

Turmeric is another thing that a lot of people swear by. I never saw any improvement, but its pretty cheap if you want to try it.

Plus don't rule out the odd bit of danilon when needed. I use it for my arthritic boy in the run up to the farrier coming out.

eggs

Visit site
One of mine went lame, vet x-rayed hocks and saw arthritic changes and recommended injecting his hocks. As he is ems we were both concerned about the risk of laminitis. He has been on boswellia for about two months now and is sound and working at advanced medium dressage.

GeorgiaR95

Visit site
Oh sounds like I should give boswellia a go! She never shows signs of pain or as if shes struggling but want to make sure shes comfortable! Does this supplement come in tablet form or powder? And what do you guys give dosage wise? Shes a 14hh haffie but a pretty slim one so not bulky

GeorgiaR95

Visit site
What is msm? And where am i best purchasing this from? Im new to buying supplements so not sure the best places to get them

holeymoley

Visit site
Not sure if allowed to say or mention places on here ! I use natural horse supplies for all mine . They will even mix up a few together if you tell them what you're looking for .

Shay

Visit site
MSM is in most if not all joint supplements. As is Chondriton and Glucosamine. Probably the best place to start is the internet to be honest. Research it, figure out what provides the best level of active ingredients with the least filler and rubbish then find the supplier with the best price.

We use Maxaflex which is (I think) the only source of green lipped mussel extract for horses. It has MSM in it to - but not Boswellia.

GeorgiaR95

Visit site
I have been put in touch with a friend of a friend who has their own shop. She has some Boswellia in stock so going to give that a go and see how the old girl goes.

Thankyou for recommending this! Will keep you all informed how she gets on.

Thanks again everyone :)

Bertolie

Visit site
I had my late gelding who was diagnosed with bilateral hock arthritis on herbs4mobility from Progressive Earth. He loved it and it kept him sound and off bute. We even did a 10 mile fun ride and he jogged the whole wsy!

jojo5

Visit site
Sorry to hijack, but has anyone else tried the Herbs4Mobility mentioned above with any success? Just that my boy really enjoys herbs added to his feed, so would be interested if good reviews. Thanks.