Aerborne Cold Boots

BBs

Visit site
Also in Stable Room

Having purchased these boots and Im really happy with them, I just want to know how long they can be safely be left on for.
I usually leave them on for about 20/30mins after work but wonder if they can be left on longer, and even over night in a stable on a warm night?
Theyre the boots you put in water and soak for 40 minutes and they stay cold for 2-3 days. So there is no risk of cold burn.
Thanks.

Nando

Visit site
They can probably be 'safely' left on for longer but personally I wouldn't leave them on longer than 30 mins as the legs start to heat up and the purpose of the boot is counter balanced.

If you want to maximise the effect of the boots take them off after 30 mins, pop them back in water for 20mins and then put them back on for a further 20/30 mins. I wouldn't leave them on overnight
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
Thanks for that
smile.gif

I didnt think leaving them on over night was a good idea either, but just wanted to get others views.
Yeah I like the way you can just pop them in cold water and pop them back on esp in the hot weather we had at the weekend.

sw123

Visit site
With icing they say that 20mins is the max you should do because whilst you're wanting to cause vasoconstriction of the blood vessels longer causes damage rather than good. Not sure how much longer does cause damage but i've never dared do more than that! 20 on, 20 off 20 on

BBs

Visit site
Hi S, would these boots (soaked in water) still have the same affect as icing?
They stay cool, but dont seem anywhere near as cold as the equi n ice bandages ive used.