Aficionados of all things bling

trendybraincell

Visit site
I can't believe I'm even thinking about...Im normally such a traditionalist when it comes to tack!!

I have previously shown the Welsh Cob in his flat hunter cavesson, its the correct turnout for the breed so I continued to use it for dressage :) BUT now that dressage seem to be our mainstay I have strayed from my traditionalist path :eek:

I now have a yummy Jeffries Premier bridle, I think the chunky noseband really complements his head, the problem is that he has a very plain head so when I do plait his forelock he is left looking rather plain. So I am CONTEMPLATING the addition of some bling :eek: so I need the input of the bling experts, what would suit him? :confused:

Flat hunter bridle
IMG_0062-1.jpg

Plaited in hunter bridle
DSCF1033-2.jpg

New bridle
IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

The traditionalist in me fancies a brass clencher browband, its common for the Welsh Stallions in hand.

FrodoBeutlin

Visit site
I totally agree that he needs some bling, he is so stunning and a touch of sparkle would really complement his face.

I think he would look stunning with a curved Tiffany browband:

http://www.coolequestrian.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=511

I am not normally a huge fan of brass clencher browbands but I do think they would look nice on him. Just to give you an idea, a similarly-coloured face:

f3xah4.jpg

Last edited:

trendybraincell

Visit site
I totally agree that he needs some bling, he is so stunning and a touch of sparkle would really complement his face.

I am not normally a huge fan of brass clencher browbands but I do think they would look nice on him. Just to give you an idea, a similarly-coloured face:

Its sort of a half way between tradition and bling...you have to ease me into this sparkly stuff slowly!!

vallin

Visit site
I would go for a brass clencher to, I think bling would end up looking a bit cheap on him as he has such a smart head iyswim. I think a slightly wider version of something like this (you can get nicer ones in a similar style, I'm just cheap and poor :p ):
29640_1235957953920_1678350003_460955_2777627_n.jpg

You can jeffries ones so it'll match the colour of the leather
http://www.rideaway.co.uk/jeffries-...utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=purenet_feed
or sabre also do nice ones

Last edited:

nikkimariet

Visit site
Ahhh but I used to show M&M and was a total traditionalist too.....just you wait *rubs hands together in a Dr Evil fashion*

I think something with gold sparkle would look nice..... Maybe an 'oversized' browband, so it hangs off the forehead into a curve - similar to Bruces. His was off eBay, and we unpicked the leather padding and hung about 5 bits off it to stretch it!!

vallin

Visit site
erm...*hushed whisper*...no-brand cheapo from ebay :D It was £10 and it's acually really nice leather and does the job :) It's pretty generous where the headstall goes and fits monsters head nicely.

trendybraincell

Visit site
Well if Rauti isn't "wow" enough then Shadow certainly isn't!!

I'm half afraid of getting laughed at. A plump Welsh Cob with a straight cut show saddle and some bling?!?! Like I'm trying to play with the big boys but failing miserably :eek:

FrodoBeutlin

Visit site
Well if Rauti isn't "wow" enough then Shadow certainly isn't!!

Well, Rauti is correctly trained and full of "schwung" and suppleness, but he definitely does not have "wow" paces! And he has a rubbish amateur on board ;)

But anyway, you could go for one of those browbands with black or dark brown crystals. The best of both worlds ... sparkly but understated. I think this one in Mocha would be perfect:

http://dressagedeluxe.co.uk/Shop.asp?viewmode=ViewProduct&productid=678